Hey

xcwbreno

Hey there I'm Brendan from Leeds & I just officially came out as asexual. Long story short 20 years of thinking something was wrong with me after watching Bojack Horseman seeing Todd in the last series was a bit of an eye opener. I've gone through a failed marriage with 3 kids trying to be "normal" & suffered crippling depression. Now for the first time in a very long time I have a genuine smile on my face instead of the mask I show people. Still though very new to this & it's great seeing a place like this to talk about it,

Hello, welcome to AVEN!!
It's good to see that you're happy after this realization. :)
If you have any questions, you can ask us.

For new people, we share cake, so here's a purple cake:
Lemon-Blackberry-Cake-5.jpg

@xcwbreno Welcome to AVEN!

I'm sorry to hear about your marriage failing, but congratulations on finding yourself!

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake,

ZWughhv.jpg

9 hours ago, xcwbreno said:

Hey there I'm Brendan from Leeds & I just officially came out as asexual. Long story short 20 years of thinking something was wrong with me after watching Bojack Horseman seeing Todd in the last series was a bit of an eye opener. I've gone through a failed marriage with 3 kids trying to be "normal" & suffered crippling depression. Now for the first time in a very long time I have a genuine smile on my face instead of the mask I show people. Still though very new to this & it's great seeing a place like this to talk about it,

Hey Brendan! Feeling broken is one of the worst feelings but I'm glad you're feeling more yourself and smiling :D

I felt the same way too before and after I found out about asexuality. The "after part" is amazing! As you're in Leeds, I'd really encourage you to look into the Meetup Mart forum, and particularly the semi-regular York meets -- meeting aces is a great way to feel incredible about yourself and meet new people in general :)

Dons mod hat

While I'm here, I'd like to point out a number of useful threads and places on the AVEN. Most important is the site Terms of Service (ToS). I suggest you read them over and feel free to PM me or another mod or admin if you have any questions. Same goes for general forum questions (and you can also use this thread if you'd prefer). That said, if you have any questions about a specific forum, you should ask the moderator of that forum (you can find a list of who mods where here).

I'd also recommend poking around each forum to see what each one is about if you haven't already -- it'll get you used to the site and who the regulars are :)

Here's a few more Welcome-related or newbie links you might find useful:

Removes mod hat

Welcome to AVEN! I hope you enjoy your time here!

Archived