bustle.com — Asexual Readers Just Want Ace Characters to Live Full, Diverse Lives On the Page

Homer

For asexual (or ace) readers, sexual attraction in a book can — quite literally — be a turn off. “Lots of romance plots don't make sense to me because of the element of sex or physical attraction at play,” says Kaley, 24, an editor of speculative fiction for an indie press. Many books use sexual attraction as the first entryway to a romantic relationship, particularly through tropes like enemies-to-lovers, in which a character finds that they’re drawn to someone with whom they're completely at odds.

Feb 13 - https://www.bustle.com/p/asexual-readers-just-want-ace-characters-to-live-full-diverse-lives-on-the-page-15937621

firewallflower

*applauds*

Wow, but I relate to so much of the content in that article. Thanks for sharing, @Homer!!

Divide By Zero

Thanks for sharing. This is a good article.

Because fiction tends to sex and romance, I usually prefer to read non fiction. Same thing for TV - I usually watch documentaries or nature shows (animal mating and sex doesn't bother me) or non fiction type stuff instead of sitcoms, dramas, etc.

Also, there is a lack of aromantic representation in books, movies, TV, etc.

Archived