Hi/Salam/:)

Hi everyone,

I am new here, I would like to introduce myself and to greet you. I read different posts and topics before signing up and I have well learned from you. Actually, it's been a while I wanted to sign up, but I didn't dare to do so.

I am asexual and I thought that life was difficult with me because of that, but now I am at peace with myself and I am happy to be like that and thankful to have found myself, that's simply me the way I have been created.

I am a Muslim. I don't say around me that I am asexual. It is just my very close ones who knows it.

Anyway, I think that being isolated could be part of being asexual and independent of the religion, it is just human.

When I read the forum, I feel less lonely. I thank you all of you for being here. And I wish you all the best.  

;)

Welcome to AVEN!

I'm happy that you've found yourself.

I also joined out of loneliness, as I don't know any other Asexuals in real life.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake,

ZWughhv.jpg

Welcome to Aven!

Image result for arabic sweets

I am also a Muslim and yes it really does feel lonely and confusing, Ever since I reached out to Aven I learned many things and accepted myself. I'm happy that you accept yourself for who you are. I personally don't think religion has anything to do with orientations.

Feel free to pm me if you want to talk.

31 minutes ago, ZinxtheJinx said:

Welcome to Aven!

Image result for arabic sweets

I am also a Muslim and yes it really does feel lonely and confusing, Ever since I reached out to Aven I learned many things and accepted myself. I'm happy that you accept yourself for who you are. I personally don't think religion has anything to do with orientations.

Feel free to pm me if you want to talk.

Thank you for your reply. I am also happy for you that you could reach Aven and accepted yourself. Lonely and confusing, yes, that's true... Being asexual could be a test in this life, thus it could draw in the soul for the best...:) It's actually a gift.

4 minutes ago, silkpaint said:

Thank you for your reply. I am also happy for you that you could reach Aven and accepted yourself. Lonely and confusing, yes, that's true... Being asexual could be a test in this life, thus it could draw in the soul for the best...:) It's actually a gift.

Indeed it is. I considered it to be a blessing from Allah, that he chose me to be this way. Since coming to that revelation, I have no regrets of being asexual. Of course, as with everything else in this life, we are both still being tested. There are struggles yet to face us if they hadn't happened yet.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your ethnicity?

Welcome! It’s great to hear that you’re accepting yourself and have come to terms with your asexuality :)

More cake? :P 

alphabet_cake.jpg

Hey! I'm glad you found yourself and have somewhere you can be honest about your orientation -- even if it's "just" online :)

Dons mod hat

While I'm here, I'd like to point out a number of useful threads and places on the AVEN. Most important is the site Terms of Service (ToS). I suggest you read them over and feel free to PM me or another mod or admin if you have any questions. Same goes for general forum questions (and you can also use this thread if you'd prefer). That said, if you have any questions about a specific forum, you should ask the moderator of that forum (you can find a list of who mods where here).

Here's a few more Welcome-related or newbie links you might find useful:

Removes mod hat

Welcome to AVEN! I hope you enjoy your time here!

Many thanks @Lichley for your enthusiastic welcome😄😉

Thank you very much @Philguin Baggins for your welcome😃 and the useful resources. I have started to read it😉

🌼

Archived