Does rushing anything do any good?

SioRandom

The only thing I have found in rushing anything in life, is how quickly you find out how little gets done. How little actually works out.

In business, in love and in life, the costs are typically quite high. 

Past efficiency, you're just wasting your time. 

Rushing to get laid means you're making judgment calls based on impulse. 

If you don't carry protection at all times, this typically has disastrous consequences.

Rushing for love is great if you love rollercoaster relationships. 

Love takes time. 

Dear SioRandom,

What's going on between two people can be addressing human needs at various different layers in the human psyche:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs

Satisfaction of more than one layer may be sought simulatneously by each person, and a different mixture of layers and at different strengths in each person.

I wouldn't want to think that I was seeking 'love/belonging' while someone else, perhaps thinking only of 'having sex' with me (i.e. gratifying a physiological need , the like of which an asexual person won't have in that context) and maybe, later, by boasting and passing round 'sexts', doing it also in order to boost their 'self-esteem'. 

And how far does 'giving in' to someone's lust really boost your own self esteem, even without all of what happened being shared afterwards without your permission?  And being 'treated like a receptacle' really make you feel oved?

No. 'having sex' is NOT the same as 'making love' - and I think that this 4* customer review on Amazon UK:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Invisible-Orientation-Introduction-Asexuality-Generation/product-reviews/1634502434/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_hist_4?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=four_star&reviewerType=all_reviews#reviews-filter-bar

and this transcript and video (you'll need a UK IP address for the vidio clip . use a VPN?):

https://www.bbc.com/news/video_and_audio/features/disability-39353731/39353731

https://www.bbc.com/news/disability-39351352

- show exactly that there is a very real difference beween 'having sex' and 'making love'.

I think that your body is too precious a gift to throw it at someone in the hope that it will prove you're loveable and loved.  It may prove that you don't love yourself, instead.

I would say, hang on until you really make a very close friend of someone, and then you can find out what you and they may wish and be able to do in terms of 'making love'  - and it may not be anything genital at all, but it will be 'making love'.... 

Do look at my full profile on AVEN to see something of my own experiences, if you like.

With my best wishes,

Paula

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:59 PM, Perspektiv said:

Taking the time to assess the danger, and react accordingly, is wiser.

23 minutes ago, Dreamsexual said:

Depends on the situation.

Correct. But you used fire. 

Running while on fire, would exacerbate the issue. Taking the time to drop and roll, would mitigate it. 

Running in a smoky building. You would die of asphyxiation likely if you had long to, via taking a second and realizing that you got low, that you could breathe better. Damp cloth on mouth? Even better.

Some situations will work with rushing, but is generally poor practice. 

In labor, I often was the fastest using efficiency. I have seen tons of guys burn out in 2 hours trying to jog.

Slow and steady wins the race, usually.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:43 PM, Perspektiv said:

usually.

20 hours ago, SioRandom said:

Resulting in some other desired things, right?

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean.

There's a reason "Festina lente" is still in use today 

Archived