I Guess I'm Asexual After All

AnnaKat

Hi, everyone, I'm Annabel. I'm a 26 year old trans woman from the US. I just graduated with my bachelor's in Psychology, and while I'm looking for a job I like passing the time with any one of my thousands of creative hobbies. I love creativity. And mermaids. Ask me about it some time! This stuff is still very new to me, but I think "asexual" is a label that fits me well. 

For a brief bit of background, I used to be a pretty sexual person, but almost ten years ago I just kind of lost all interest in it, and that was fine by me. When I started taking hormones, my sex drive dropped to almost nothing, and I remember sharing this with a friend, and her response was to wince and ask if I was okay with that. The truth was I was ecstatic. Ever since that happened, I've felt so much less distressed about sex. More at ease, more comfortable with myself, and honestly relieved. I tried sex once, and honestly it was repulsive to me. Finding more information about asexuality and deciding it was the most accurate label has taken a huge load off my mind, like, "good, I'm not broken. Just different. I can handle different."

So anyway, I thought I would check it out here and see if there's anything more I could learn about this part of myself. That's all I really have to say.

My biggest question for you right now is if you have one of those mermaid tails you can swim in.

Because if not, you should get one. They're really cool.

Hello, welcome to AVEN!!
I hope you'll like it here. You have our support here.

To help you understand whether you're Asexual or not, ask yourself what you're attracted to in "that way".
I mean, some Asexuals, including myself, have a libido, but it's just not targeted towards anything.
Do note, fantasies don't count. I hope this bit of information helps.

Anyways, you're definitely not alone on this. You can ask us anything.
Here's a purple cake:
purplecake.jpg?format=500w

3 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

My biggest question for you right now is if you have one of those mermaid tails you can swim in.

Because if not, you should get one. They're really cool.

Ugh, no, but I want one so badly. I got this book on mermaids from the library that has a chapter on "real life" mermaids, and their tails are so pretty.

3 minutes ago, Denoscar said:

To help you understand whether you're Asexual or not, ask yourself what you're attracted to in "that way".
I mean, some Asexuals, including myself, have a libido, but it's just not targeted towards anything.
Do note, fantasies don't count. I hope this bit of information helps

I can't say that I know what sexual attraction even feels like, if I'm honest. I definitely experience romantic attraction, and aesthetic attraction, and I get friend crushes all the time, but I feel like I just don't think about sex often enough for sexual attraction to be something I experience.

I do also still have a little bit of a libido left, but arousal causes me distress, so I'd kill it entirely if I could.

I've already decided I'm gonna take this label and run with it for as long as I feel it's accurate.

Welcome! The mermaid tails look surprisingly cheap, with the majority in the £15-20 range. Maybe you could save up? :) 

56476cc2b7f254.58157922.jpg?width=910&he

3 hours ago, Lichley said:

Welcome! The mermaid tails look surprisingly cheap, with the majority in the £15-20 range. Maybe you could save up? :) 

56476cc2b7f254.58157922.jpg?width=910&he

£15-£20? The one I'm looking at is just under $300! Where are you looking?

(Also I'm in the process of losing weight, so even if I had the money I still wouldn't be in the market for a tail just yet.)

(Also also, thanks for the welcome!)

Custard Cream

Hello and welcome from another creative person! Have some cake!

1h6gFHV.jpg

@AnnaKat Welcome to AVEN!

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Little Mermaid Cake,

xvadt6s1pcutkgarnq9t.jpg

8 hours ago, CustardCream said:

Hello and welcome from another creative person! Have some cake!

1h6gFHV.jpg

Thanks. What kinds of hobbies do you partake in?

4 hours ago, MichaelTannock said:

@AnnaKat Welcome to AVEN!

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Little Mermaid Cake,

xvadt6s1pcutkgarnq9t.jpg

Ooh, that's quite a cake

Custard Cream
52 minutes ago, AnnaKat said:

Thanks. What kinds of hobbies do you partake in?

I embroider, make jewellery and pkay with polymer clay.

Right at this very minute I am trying to remind myself how to do bobbin lace, which I have more or less forgotten. Hence the absolute beginners pattern below!D3ZmHEO.jpg

11 hours ago, AnnaKat said:

£15-£20? The one I'm looking at is just under $300! Where are you looking?

(Also I'm in the process of losing weight, so even if I had the money I still wouldn't be in the market for a tail just yet.)

(Also also, thanks for the welcome!)

I just loked on google search and opened eBay. They have kids and adults mermaid tails in multiple colours.

1 hour ago, CustardCream said:

I embroider, make jewellery and pkay with polymer clay.

Right at this very minute I am trying to remind myself how to do bobbin lace, which I have more or less forgotten. Hence the absolute beginners pattern below!D3ZmHEO.jpg

Nice. That looks cool. Why are there beads on the ends of the sticks?

I do cross stitching and have made jewelry in the past. I made some prayer beads over the summer. Lately I've been working on my writing and when my friend sends me his MFA thesis I'm gonna bind it into a book for him. I do a lot of other things too, but I don't want to bore you.

40 minutes ago, Lichley said:

I just loked on google search and opened eBay. They have kids and adults mermaid tails in multiple colours.

One day I will be a mermaid. 🧜‍♀️

Custard Cream
8 hours ago, AnnaKat said:

Why are there beads on the ends of the sticks?

The beads add weight to pull the threads taught and stop the bobbins rolling around on the pillow.

Archived