Agender marriage?

captaiinmax

I recently came out to my fiancee and family as agender. They have all been supportive for the most part. But the big point here is that I am having a hard time making my wedding something that doesn't cause me distress and dysphoria. I tend to present very feminine, but that does not make me a woman. I need help figuring out language and ways to convert traditions to make room for my gender. I feel like there's no way to have a wedding and not be squished into role/term that does not fit me. This is an issue causing me a great deal of distress but I don't want to come to my fiancee without some ideas of how to fix things to make me more comfortable. I want to be proactive and positive, but I am struggling big time. 

Fantastic Everything

Hey! It’s great that you were able to tell your family and fiancée and that they were mostly supportive about it. However in my opinion, I think you should talk to your partner about it. A healthy marriage means communication and your partner is going to have to be there for you. Independence is important as well and it seems that you want to figure this out a bit more on your own. Maybe pick a few things that you think you would feel comfortable in. Perhaps a binder if you have breasts or I’ve seen some really cool dresses that are a suit on top and skirt on bottom. Good luck and I hope that whatever you do you are comfortable and happy. 💕

Sage Raven Domino

Welcome to AVEN, congrats on getting married :cake:

Spoiler

berry-layer-cake-martha-bakes-se10-frost

What do your fiancee and family think about a courthouse wedding followed by a private party?

Archived