Guess what....I'm Ace!

a.f.47

Hi,

So for like a really long time, I've been questioning my sexuality and why I don't feel the way everyone else feels. I liked someone ONE time, though only for a couple of weeks, and have never wanted to have sex and get really weird when people bring it up in conversation. There is such an emphasis on sex and "liking people" in our culture, every movie, book, tv show I can find seems to deal with it on some level. For the longest time, I thought something was wrong with me becuase I didn't feel those things.

Anyway, I finally just got fed up wondering about my sexuality and started researching the LGBT community. I started reading articles about asexuality and as I did... I just sat in front of my computer laughing and almost crying from relief. I wasn't alone! I cannot express how much better I felt just knowing other people were like me. Like oh my gosh, I am so happy.

I still haven't told anyone I'm ace but I figure just being on a supportive website like this one will make me feel more comfortable with who I am. So yeah... Thanks y'all.

AllTimeBubble

Hi! 

Welcome to AVEN, you are certainly not alone and I'm glad you've found this website, it's honestly the best place to find others like us in my opinion, certainly helped me a lot! 

If you have any questions about your asexuality or just want to rant or talk we're all here to listen and reply!

Have some cake 💕easter-nest-cake.jpg?itok=-ZAZCCss

@a.flouri Welcome to AVEN!

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Star Trek Cake,

3sx5MQY.jpg

Hello, welcome to AVEN!!
I'm the same way, it was such a relief to know what it was.
You have our support here.
If you have any questions, let us know.

Here's a purple cake:
dd0530da11c7048530ea975885638f03.jpg

I don't have any nice cake pics, but welcome! I don't understand why sex is soo popular either. All sorts of liquids going around and touching the nether regions is just.... ewwwww.

Custard Cream

Hello and welcome! Glad you have found us. Have some cake!

1h6gFHV.jpg

Archived