I’m more confused than Confucius because Confucius wansn’t confused

Fantastic Everything

Fantastic Everything

Okay so I’m just curious, do most people question their gender at some point? Like is it a normal thing? Sometimes I wish I was a guy but I also like being a girl. Like in the mornings when I’m getting ready for school I’ll either be like “ew gross this isn’t me” and wear a tight sports bra and baggy clothes but then other times I’m like “ooh let’s put some makeup on and curl our hair.” 

I like hanging out with my female friends better than my male ones and idk I’m just confused. I think I might be gender fluid but that kind of scares me.

So I guess before I go slamming labels down I’ve got some questions just to help me out a bit:

• How do I make a homemade binder?

• What are some tips to make me look more masculine just sometimes?

I would appreciate any advice, similar stories, or help at all. Thank you!

I feel the same way and would also like to now if it's normal to question your gender. I've started to self-identify as genderfluid just to try it out and so far it's kind of made more at peace with myself. I'm not sure if I'll continue to identify as genderfluid in the far future but right now it's what feels right.

As for a homemade binder I have no idea, I'm pretty flat so that hasn't been too much of a big deal for me, though I'd like to try one especially for my extremely dysphoric days. To seem more masculine I of course wear my long-ish hair in a hat or beanie and recently I've tried darkening my eyebrow with make-up because males tend to have darker eyebrows...? I don't know. Biology man.

Hope this helps! Also welcome to AVEN, please help yourself to some cake:

🎂

(This is a thing we do for new members 😊)

"Cis male" here.

Being addressed as male, "identifying as" male or any of that never felt wrong, so questioning never occured to me. There simply was nothing to question. I guess the thing that came closest was playing around a bit when I was younger, like putting some kind of fruit under my shirt to simulate boobs for a joke... or the day when I wore a pink dress for a "slogan day" for an away match (loads of fun was had that day :D)

Neither of that brought any kind of revelation, none of that made me stop and think "Huh. Wait a minute." It was just innocent fun.

No questioning here, at all, ever.

no-longer-in-use
On 2/12/2019 at 1:38 PM, Fantastic Everything said:

Okay so I’m just curious, do most people question their gender at some point? Like is it a normal thing?

From what I understand, it's mostly non-cis people that question their gender. (Emphasis on "mostly", there are exceptions!) You don't sound very cis to me though. Genderfluid could definitely be a fitting label for you, but there's no need to rush into anything.

As for making a homemade binder, there are many instruction guides online (here's one I found after about 30 seconds of searching). For looking more masculine, I'd recommend wearing masculine clothing, binding if you can, putting your hair up in a beanie, and trying to walk/hold yourself with a more masculine manner.

when I want to look more masculine hmmm I wore a black blazer with a shirt that feels right jeans and sneakers at work... and just really big coats or hoodies with caps when outside the office...

Archived