Should Unborn Children Be Legally Protected From Violence?

Crystal7

Legal Protection For the Unborn  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Unborn children should be legally protected from violence.

• I agree
    • I disagree
    • No opinion.
    • Unsure

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, iff said:

all opinions are welcome but please just remember that Census is not the place for heated debates about those opinions, a more appropriate forum for such discussions wouldbe either Philosophy, Politics & Science or The HotBox. 

Iff,

Moderator, census forum.

Thanks for the reminder Iff! 

8 hours ago, Crystal7 said:

Nanoic, I absolutely consider myself pro-life, but I don't believe in pseudo science, fake news, or intentionally misleading emotional appeals.

This whole thread is an intentionally misleading  emotional appeal to convince people that abortion is violence against an "unborn child".  

• 3 weeks later...

Have to say, the title and question started off by annoying me. I feel it's a biased question. Sort of like asking someone "Do you believe we should be allowed to kill babies before they're born?" You say "Unborn Children" but they're not children yet, they're not even babies yet, and you're lumping a clump of cells in with a baby capable of living outside of the womb. Also, "violence" is vague. When I was growing up, "violence" mean anything like saying a swear word, throwing a punch, or kissing. 

I had to confirm with the comment section that it was even about abortion. 

So yes, I believe unborn fetuses should be protected from violence. However, I am not pro-life. Abortions are unfortunate but necessary. The woman's body will always come before the fetus's. 

On 2/12/2019 at 3:26 PM, Mysticus Insanus said:

In my personal opinion, abortion in the latter half of the pregnancy (which already is pretty damn rare, ~5% of all cases) should only be allowed in cases where the mother's and/or child's health are already in danger.

Correcting my stance on this.

100% hardline pro-choice now. What the person with the womb says, goes. Fullstop.

Apologies to anyone I've called names over this stance in the past. I've learned, and changed my mind.

• 11 months later...

@Crystal7

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived