Crystal7

Are You Marriage Minded?

Aces and Marriage  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Are you asexual?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you hope to get married one day?

• Yes
    • I'm open-minded
    • No
    • No, but I'm hoping for something similar like a commitment ceremony
    • Already married
    • Already divorced, not seeking re-marriage

Anthracite_Impreza
10 minutes ago, Celyn said:

Sod 'em. It's your life.

I know, I'm just scared if they found out they'd not been invited they'd be angry, but then again if they found out they'd probably try to throw me into therapy instead.

• Like 3

CustardCream
1 minute ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

I know, I'm just scared if they found out they'd not been invited they'd be angry, but then again if they found out they'd probably try to throw me into therapy instead.

Keep it as private as you can then, and only invite those you can trust not to go blabbing.

• Like 4

ElasticPlanet

Marriage is right out for me. In my part of the world at the present time, it doesn't legally recognise nonbinary gender or polyamory, and you have to go through a ceremony to get it. Triple nope.

I'm just not interested in relationship escalator type things apart from having a partner. Marriage is still quite strongly associated with cohabiting and a whole load of escalator / patriarchy stuff I want nothing to do with. I know those things aren't compulsory, but I want to visibly stay as far away from them as I can. I've only ever lived in the same home as other people for purely economic reasons, and in enough ways to really matter, it sucks. Never been in a cohabiting-with-partner situation, but it to me it just doesn't appeal.

• Like 2

Anthracite_Impreza
9 hours ago, CustardCream said:

Keep it as private as you can then, and only invite those you can trust not to go blabbing.

So... none of them then >.<

• Like 2

CustardCream
1 hour ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

So... none of them then >.<

Oof  - that's not a good answer.

• Like 1

Anthracite_Impreza
4 minutes ago, CustardCream said:

Oof  - that's not a good answer.

True dow. I'd invite my closest friends, I'd invite many on AVEN, but wouldn't feel comfortable with any of the family. I'm not the only one involved in the decision of course...

• Like 5

CustardCream
14 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

True dow. I'd invite my closest friends, I'd invite many on AVEN, but wouldn't feel comfortable with any of the family. I'm not the only one involved in the decision of course...

Of course. It would be cool though.

• Like 2

Celyn

Well I would be there with a ginormous basket of confetti 💚

• Like 4

CustardCream
3 minutes ago, Celyn said:

Well I would be there with a ginormous basket of confetti 💚

Seconded!

• Like 3

Life Of Tass

I'd be willing to fly there all the way from Athens!

• Like 1

CustardCream
3 minutes ago, Life Of Tass said:

It could be a very chaotic wedding!

• Like 4

Anthracite_Impreza
15 minutes ago, Life Of Tass said:

Bloody hell dude o.o

• Like 2

Life Of Tass
18 minutes ago, CustardCream said:

It could be a very chaotic wedding!

CHAOtic indeed!

• Like 1

PoeciMeta

I'd like to come too o/

Not like I'd be allowed, though... ._. 

Edit: Unless I get my driving license in time èwé

• Like 2

Anthracite_Impreza

This "marriage" has become a beautiful daydream, one I hadn't allowed myself to ever consider :blush:

• Like 4

Kimmie.

I would lie if i said that i have not fantasized about it.

Sea horse

I got obsessed with getting married to my boyfriend before the age of 40...It was really tragic, I don't know what came over me. But sometimes expectations of society etc just catch up with you. It is really drilled into us that marriage is the pinnacle of achievement/happiness. 

fooledbysecrecy

tbh the first thing i think about when thinking about marriage is the wedding cake... and you can have cake any day for any reason, no need for ceremonies and signing legal papers. 

not saying a definite no but it's very unlikely i'll ever even be in a relationship. open minded in general.

• Like 2

CBC
26 minutes ago, fooledbysecrecy said:

tbh the first thing i think about when thinking about marriage is the wedding cake... and you can have cake any day for any reason, no need for ceremonies and signing legal papers. 

Hahaha yeah, probably don't get married just so you can have a wedding cake.

I don't know what the first thing I think of is... I guess I think of all the stuff about traditional weddings that I hate, like inviting 250 people and spending thousands on clothing and venues and food and drinks and music and how people get to sit there and maybe cry at what seems like it should be a really intimate moment not shared with a fuckload of others. I really really hate other people getting emotional over my stuff. The whole thing is odd to me, which is why I would only ever want a quiet, very private, simple ceremony.

• Like 1

Just Dani
3 hours ago, fooledbysecrecy said:

tbh the first thing i think about when thinking about marriage is the wedding cake... 

I'm happy knowing that I'm not the only one who does this... 😂

I'm not at all marriage-minded, but if I was, I wouldn't bother spending a ton of money on a wedding. 

A simple ceremony outside with only a few close friends and family members in attendance, a small (but tasty!) wedding cake, and a nice meal out somewhere. That's it. For me, the important thing would be finding the right person to commit myself too, not the party. 😕

But I'm weird that way. :P

• Like 1

Sir_The_Last

1) none Ace. 

Thus why answer question two. 

fooledbysecrecy
40 minutes ago, Just Dani said:

I'm happy knowing that I'm not the only one who does this... 😂

I'm not at all marriage-minded, but if I was, I wouldn't bother spending a ton of money on a wedding. 

A simple ceremony outside with only a few close friends and family members in attendance, a small (but tasty!) wedding cake, and a nice meal out somewhere. That's it. For me, the important thing would be finding the right person to commit myself too, not the party. 😕

But I'm weird that way. :P

hehe😁

oh god yeah, the amount of money people spend on these things?? what the hell. and just for one day? sure it might feel like a big day to a lot of people but ??? well, each to their own i guess. (and imagine wearing a white outfit? while eating cake? how do these people eat, do they never spill anything on themselves? or is it just me :lol: )

• Like 2

Just Dani
22 hours ago, fooledbysecrecy said:

hehe😁

oh god yeah, the amount of money people spend on these things?? what the hell. and just for one day? sure it might feel like a big day to a lot of people but ??? well, each to their own i guess. (and imagine wearing a white outfit? while eating cake? how do these people eat, do they never spill anything on themselves? or is it just me :lol: )

Weddings seem to be a big deal for some people. I'm not much of a party person myself, so that might be part of the reason why a huge wedding doesn't interest me whatsoever. That, and if you're the one getting married, there's gonna be A LOT of attention on you... 😳

I can honestly say that I haven't put much thought into marriage and weddings since it doesn't interest me much, but you have a good point about wearing white with all that food around... 😱

• Like 2