Are You Marriage Minded?

Crystal7

Aces and Marriage  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Are you asexual?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you hope to get married one day?

• Yes
    • I'm open-minded
    • No
    • No, but I'm hoping for something similar like a commitment ceremony
    • Already married
    • Already divorced, not seeking re-marriage

This poll is closed to new votes

Custard Cream
14 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

True dow. I'd invite my closest friends, I'd invite many on AVEN, but wouldn't feel comfortable with any of the family. I'm not the only one involved in the decision of course...

Of course. It would be cool though.

Celyn: The Lutening
1 hour ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

True dow. I'd invite my closest friends, I'd invite many on AVEN, but wouldn't feel comfortable with any of the family. I'm not the only one involved in the decision of course...

Well I would be there with a ginormous basket of confetti 💚

Custard Cream
3 minutes ago, Celyn said:

Well I would be there with a ginormous basket of confetti 💚

Seconded!

Captain_Tass
1 hour ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

I'd be willing to fly there all the way from Athens!

Custard Cream
3 minutes ago, Life Of Tass said:

It could be a very chaotic wedding!

Anthracite_Impreza
15 minutes ago, Life Of Tass said:

Bloody hell dude o.o

Captain_Tass
18 minutes ago, CustardCream said:

It could be a very chaotic wedding!

CHAOtic indeed!

I'd like to come too o/

Not like I'd be allowed, though... ._. 

Edit: Unless I get my driving license in time èwé

Anthracite_Impreza

This "marriage" has become a beautiful daydream, one I hadn't allowed myself to ever consider :blush:

I would lie if i said that i have not fantasized about it.

I got obsessed with getting married to my boyfriend before the age of 40...It was really tragic, I don't know what came over me. But sometimes expectations of society etc just catch up with you. It is really drilled into us that marriage is the pinnacle of achievement/happiness. 

fooledbysecrecy

tbh the first thing i think about when thinking about marriage is the wedding cake... and you can have cake any day for any reason, no need for ceremonies and signing legal papers. 

not saying a definite no but it's very unlikely i'll ever even be in a relationship. open minded in general.

3 hours ago, fooledbysecrecy said:

tbh the first thing i think about when thinking about marriage is the wedding cake... 

I'm happy knowing that I'm not the only one who does this... 😂

I'm not at all marriage-minded, but if I was, I wouldn't bother spending a ton of money on a wedding. 

A simple ceremony outside with only a few close friends and family members in attendance, a small (but tasty!) wedding cake, and a nice meal out somewhere. That's it. For me, the important thing would be finding the right person to commit myself too, not the party. 😕

But I'm weird that way. :P

fooledbysecrecy
40 minutes ago, Just Dani said:

I'm happy knowing that I'm not the only one who does this... 😂

I'm not at all marriage-minded, but if I was, I wouldn't bother spending a ton of money on a wedding. 

A simple ceremony outside with only a few close friends and family members in attendance, a small (but tasty!) wedding cake, and a nice meal out somewhere. That's it. For me, the important thing would be finding the right person to commit myself too, not the party. 😕

But I'm weird that way. :P

hehe😁

oh god yeah, the amount of money people spend on these things?? what the hell. and just for one day? sure it might feel like a big day to a lot of people but ??? well, each to their own i guess. (and imagine wearing a white outfit? while eating cake? how do these people eat, do they never spill anything on themselves? or is it just me :lol: )

22 hours ago, fooledbysecrecy said:

hehe😁

oh god yeah, the amount of money people spend on these things?? what the hell. and just for one day? sure it might feel like a big day to a lot of people but ??? well, each to their own i guess. (and imagine wearing a white outfit? while eating cake? how do these people eat, do they never spill anything on themselves? or is it just me :lol: )

Weddings seem to be a big deal for some people. I'm not much of a party person myself, so that might be part of the reason why a huge wedding doesn't interest me whatsoever. That, and if you're the one getting married, there's gonna be A LOT of attention on you... 😳

I can honestly say that I haven't put much thought into marriage and weddings since it doesn't interest me much, but you have a good point about wearing white with all that food around... 😱

• 6 months later...

@Crystal7

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived