Hi :)

Neptuneorion

Hi all!

I recently came out as Asexual (like 4 days ago) and I'd like to meet some other like minded individuals.

A bit about myself...

I'm 30. I'm from Ontario, Canada. I identify as a Panromantic Asexual. I'm married (he's straight) and my spouse is very understanding of my identity. I will engage in intercourse but I don't "require" or even really care about it to be honest. But I'm in a relationship that was already established before I "came out" so I will (very ocassionaly) engage in intercourse to maintain closeness and to show affection to my spouse. 

Are there any other married Aces here? I'd be interested to pick your brain and see how you maintain your relationship!

Aside from THAT- I'm a huge geek! I love Sci Fi/ Fantasy and have more fandoms than I can count! I also love to read, and have a kitty named Rey who is my world!

Sorry for all the rambling! Hi again! :) 

Hello, welcome to AVEN!!
I'm not married, I'm only 18, but I thought I would stop by to greet you anyhow.

Enjoy your stay. :)
Here's a purple cake:
purple-ombre-cake-4.jpg

Welcome to AVEN!

There are a lot of married Asexuals on the site, though in my case, I'm 33, and I've never had or desired either sex or a relationship.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake,

ZWughhv.jpg

Custard Cream

Hi - I'm a panromantic asexual woman and have been married to sexual man for 20 years. I only realised I was Ace towards the end of last year and came out to him at the start of the year.  We're still working through it, but things are looking really hopeful...

Have some cake!

BakedOccasions_BirthdayCake.jpg

That's fantastic! I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

20 hours ago, Denoscar said:

Hello, welcome to AVEN!!
I'm not married, I'm only 18, but I thought I would stop by to greet you anyhow.

Enjoy your stay. :)
Here's a purple cake:
purple-ombre-cake-4.jpg

Thanks! I'm happy to meet anyone!

12 hours ago, MichaelTannock said:

Welcome to AVEN!

There are a lot of married Asexuals on the site, though in my case, I'm 33, and I've never had or desired either sex or a relationship.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake,

ZWughhv.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome...and cake! :)

HI! I´m not married, but hello! 

what is your favorite book? I love kitties! The mention of your cat was so cute

Anyways!

Welcome🎂

20 hours ago, Neptuneorion said:

Hi all!

I recently came out as Asexual (like 4 days ago) and I'd like to meet some other like minded individuals.

A bit about myself...

I'm 30. I'm from Ontario, Canada. I identify as a Panromantic Asexual. I'm married (he's straight) and my spouse is very understanding of my identity. I will engage in intercourse but I don't "require" or even really care about it to be honest. But I'm in a relationship that was already established before I "came out" so I will (very ocassionaly) engage in intercourse to maintain closeness and to show affection to my spouse. 

Are there any other married Aces here? I'd be interested to pick your brain and see how you maintain your relationship!

Aside from THAT- I'm a huge geek! I love Sci Fi/ Fantasy and have more fandoms than I can count! I also love to read, and have a kitty named Rey who is my world!

Sorry for all the rambling! Hi again! :)

18 hours ago, Lichley said:

Welcome! Which Sci-fi or fictional novels do you enjoy?

cat-cake-funny.jpg

Hi! Neil Gaiman is my favourite, I love everything of his. I'm also a huge Tolkien fan! My favourite books are American Gods, Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, Harry Potter and the Mortal Intstruments series :)

18 hours ago, Lichley said:

Welcome! Which Sci-fi or fictional novels do you enjoy?

cat-cake-funny.jpg

Hi! Neil Gaiman is my favourite, I love everything of his. I'm also a huge Tolkien fan! My favourite books are American Gods, Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, Harry Potter and the Mortal Intstruments series :)

HELLLOOOO @Neptuneorion!!!!!!!

Are you my twin!!???? Only separated by a decade. 

Sorry that's a bit forward but, its not everyday one "meets" another pan romantic ACE, who has nearly the same hobbies and interests (I would add baking and knitting to my list).  Also I love how you listen Tolkien twice in your book list.

Welcome to AVEN, its a great place to get advice on all that we ACEs just don't get, and so far anyone I've interacted with has been super nice, (and civil, which I think is odd for a forum). Unfortunately I can't help you with your relationship question as I've never been in a relationship and as a college student I frankly don't have the time to invest in one - lack of time is my go to when people ask why I don't have a boyfriend, that the practicality of it. However, I'm sure there are a lot of people here in your situation who can help you.

In the mean time, enjoy the cake

6a9588d4b5516e39f48c1e9e4e3af4333da19d21

1 hour ago, Wholock314 said:

HELLLOOOO @Neptuneorion!!!!!!!

Are you my twin!!???? Only separated by a decade. 

Sorry that's a bit forward but, its not everyday one "meets" another pan romantic ACE, who has nearly the same hobbies and interests (I would add baking and knitting to my list).  Also I love how you listen Tolkien twice in your book list.

Welcome to AVEN, its a great place to get advice on all that we ACEs just don't get, and so far anyone I've interacted with has been super nice, (and civil, which I think is odd for a forum). Unfortunately I can't help you with your relationship question as I've never been in a relationship and as a college student I frankly don't have the time to invest in one - lack of time is my go to when people ask why I don't have a boyfriend, that the practicality of it. However, I'm sure there are a lot of people here in your situation who can help you.

In the mean time, enjoy the cake

6a9588d4b5516e39f48c1e9e4e3af4333da19d21

Seeing as your name is Wholock, we *might* be twins! I'm a MASSIVE Doctor Who and Sherlock fan! Yay BBC!! 

56 minutes ago, gingerfennec said:

🍰:cake:🎂

💜💜

Welcome to AVEN!

I’m a biologically male biromantic asexual in a long-term relationship with a heterosexual woman, so I guess that’s pretty close 🙂

I also compromise on sex (2-3 times per month), which is ok as I’m sex-neutral.

Happy to chat if you have any questions 🙂

Archived