Opinions on boys in crop tops

Barbara!

Hey everyone! I'm brand-new here, so it's nice to meet you all.

So I'm a cisgender guy, but I really like certain stereotypically-feminine things (think pastel colors and neon-bright clothing). One of the things I really like is crop tops. Yeah, I know it's seen as "gay" (if outfits could have sexual preferences!), but I still love it. It makes me feel beautiful! 😊 Anyway, I was just wondering what you guys think of the look, and whether or not you like the look on me in the attached selfies. Are there any other guys here who like to wear crop tops? Let me know in the comments!!!

DzKCVBmX0AAaMe2.jpg20190109_172507_by_bellybuttonbrandon_dc

No offence intended, as this is just personal taste, but I've always found crop tops weird, and I mean on both men and women, boys and girls.

That aside, I think you're pulling it off well with the blue and the black (I apologise if it's purple instead of blue, I'm colourblind to colours that contain red).

1 minute ago, MichaelTannock said:

No offence intended, as this is just personal taste, but I've always found crop tops weird, and I mean on both men and women, boys and girls.

That aside, I think you're pulling it off well with the blue and the black (I apologise if it's purple instead of blue, I'm colourblind to colours that contain red).

That's okay! And I'm not offended. I really did want to know people's tastes!

I'm really happy that you think I pull it off well, though!!! (Yep, it's blue!)

Galactic Turtle

I don't personally like crop tops on anyone but I'm pretty sure in the 80's there were tons of dudes in crop tops. Fashion is funny.

I'll also say that in the world of Korean pop music it's not unheard of for males to wear crop tops either. Maybe it's coming back.

4 minutes ago, Galactic Turtle said:

I don't personally like crop tops on anyone but I'm pretty sure in the 80's there were tons of dudes in crop tops. Fashion is funny.

I'll also say that in the world of Korean pop music it's not unheard of for males to wear crop tops either. Maybe it's coming back.

I forgot about the whole '80s  thing!

Sage Raven Domino

I dislike crop tops ony gender but adore tank tops on any gender :blush:

1 minute ago, Sage Raven Domino said:

I dislike crop tops ony gender but adore tank tops on any gender :blush:

I do have a particular fondness for tank tops!

I don’t feel comfortable wearing crop tops or tank tops myself but as I said on the other thread I really have no problem with people wearing whatever in the world they want,  as long as they are dressed enough for the situation they are in.

1 minute ago, Ajdla said:

I don’t feel comfortable wearing crop tops or tank tops myself but as I said on the other thread I really have no problem with people wearing whatever in the world they want,  as long as they are dressed enough for the situation they are in.

I see, so you're really just indifferent to it, then? (Aside from the situational bit.)

Like it doesn’t really even occur to me that it’s something that people shouldn’t do if they want to do it.

The try guys on YouTube released a try guys try crop tops video the other day that  I enjoyed, Eugene wears them all the time, but the others don’t. 

1 minute ago, Ajdla said:

The try guys on YouTube released a try guys try crop tops video the other day that  I enjoyed, Eugene wears them all the time, but the others don’t. 

I've never actually watched the Try Guys, are they good?

You look happy and confident in them and for that, I like them on you! :) 

I wish I had the confidence to rock a crop top. I have a gut, especially when I sit down and a crop top would not be flattering in that regard. 

6 minutes ago, RedSheep2 said:

You look happy and confident in them and for that, I like them on you! :) 

I wish I had the confidence to rock a crop top. I have a gut, especially when I sit down and a crop top would not be flattering in that regard. 

Aww, you're so sweet! Thank you. I do feel really happy when I wear belly shirts! They're just so much fun, and for some reason I think showing one's tummy expresses the person's sensitive side, which I like. ^^

Oh, but soft tummies are wonderful! Mine is already soft, and I'm wearing a crop top!

Sage Raven Domino
35 minutes ago, Belly Button Brandon said:

Oh, but soft tummies are wonderful!

Have you considered the health risks associated with a 'soft tummy', including the increased probabilities of heart disease and type 2 diabetes?

6 hours ago, Sage Raven Domino said:

Have you considered the health risks associated with a 'soft tummy', including the increased probabilities of heart disease and type 2 diabetes?

Yeah, that's why I'm trying to lose it! I'm just also trying not to hate myself in the mean time.

Fantastic Everything

I love crops tops on anyone! I think it’s great that you have enough confidence in yourself to do what you like. And honestly, you pull it off really well!

1 minute ago, Fantastic Everything said:

I love crops tops on anyone! I think it’s great that you have enough confidence in yourself to do what you like. And honestly, you pull it off really well!

You...you really think I do? You're not bothered by my pudgy tummy? 😃

• 2 weeks later...
Celyn: The Lutening

I think they look aesthetically better on guys for some reason. You're looking super cute and I wholeheartedly support any stereotypically feminine/gay fashions you choose to wear.

I vicariously enjoy guys dressing feminine because I can't do that without everyone thinking I'm just a cis woman. 

I think anyone who wants to wear one should be able to. If you feel good wearing it, then you should. I sometimes just casually wear a brightly colored suit and bow tie because I want to. 

I say go for it. 🙂 

It's your body, so I see no reason why you shouldn't wear what you want to wear and feel comfortable in. As someone who was constantly nagged about what I was SUPPOSED to wear growing up, I'm all for fashion freedom. I'll wear what I choose to wear, just like I let other people wear what they want to wear. 

On 2/22/2019 at 5:52 AM, Celyn said:

I think they look aesthetically better on guys for some reason. You're looking super cute and I wholeheartedly support any stereotypically feminine/gay fashions you choose to wear.

I vicariously enjoy guys dressing feminine because I can't do that without everyone thinking I'm just a cis woman. 

You think I look cute? Thank you so much!!! ^^

I like crop tops on whomever wears them. 😊 Here in not-so-sunny-at-the-moment Southern California I'm very used to seeing them around and have grown to like them. On occasion I roll my t-shirts up under themselves to mimic the look of a crop top if I'm feeling a bit femme, though that's only in dance classes. 

2 hours ago, Jinkx said:

I like crop tops on whomever wears them. 😊 Here in not-so-sunny-at-the-moment Southern California I'm very used to seeing them around and have grown to like them. On occasion I roll my t-shirts up under themselves to mimic the look of a crop top if I'm feeling a bit femme, though that's only in dance classes. 

That's great! I'd love to live in a place where so many people wear them!

I love crop tops on everybody - Navinci was the one who made me realize how much I really love how they look and appreciated people for the confidence they project while wearing them. ^_^

He's the male dancer in this video, and he's also ace.

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...

Archived