How and when did you found out you were Lithromantic?

edsuppp

Well i am new here and i encountered this romantic orientation but im not quite sure if this really fits me.

But the nauseous feeling and sickness when you are sure that they like you back makes me feel terrible.

is this fucking curable because i really cant be like this, i know being denial wont do anything but damn if this was the reason why im never taking relationships to the next level, even if wanting it in the first place, it sounds totally depressing to me.

Hey!

At this point in my life (mid-20s), I consider myself a lithromantic. Growing up I had my usual crushes, but if I ever felt they were getting too close to me, I would do everything to push them away because I hated when people liked me that way. I felt so guilty doing it, but it having my feelings reciprocated didn't sit right with me.

I thought there was something terribly wrong with me for a long time, but then I came across the term "lithromantic" and it finally clicked.

well did it made you sad that having the desire to actually be attracted innately and then losing those feelings immediately once reciprocated?

bc it depressed the fuck out of me

so complicated jeez

• 4 weeks later...
Lorell.butterlion

Hey there,

I’m 16 and I’m pretty sure that I’m more of a lithromantic person than anything else in the world. At first I thought everyone was just like me but later on, I realized sth was off so I googled “don’t want my crush to like me back”. In a few secs this term “lithromantic” came popping up into my search results then I read the description and I was like fuck this is definitely me. I read like 1000 articles and most of them says it has sth to do with ur childhood, family or the environment u grew up in. I guess so cause I don’t really have a nice childhood. Anyways, ppl say this can’t be cured but I chose not to listen cause I don’t want my whole fucking life to be like this.  I tried forcing myself to date other ppl but we didn’t last really long. Two to three weeks at most if I don’t have to see them often. Three days at most if we live close to each other and hangs out often. I always feel the repulsive feeling when I do cute coupley stuff with them. I’ve been working on changing my points of views of how I see these romantic relationships. Also I’ve been trying to alter my beliefs on seeing the world in a different way so that I see things differently. In this way ,I wish I can convert my thoughts and lead myself into a normal romantic relationship. This actually kinda helped and I think I might start to understand the sweetness of being in a romantic relationship. I hope this helps you. 

Lorell.butterlion

Btw I found out that I was lithromantic probably a few months ago when my crush confessed to me that he was homosexual. I guess I was overwhelmed and my heart shattered into a million pieces at that moment. Just then, I realized this was probably the best cause he wouldn’t like me and I wouldn’t  have to worry about feeling grossed out over him. So I told him i was lithromantic and rn we’re cool and we have a special bond over these kind of things :))))

Archived