Any other demiromantics?

Lightning107

So I've recently been questioning my romantic orientation. For a while I thought I might be aromantic because I didn't frequently want to date and I thought my idea of dating might just be a QPR, but then I fell in love with my best friend. I've also had two guys in the past that I had considered dating, but all of these happened after I had been friends with them for a while. For the most part I'm fine with being single, but those romantic feelings show up every once in a while, making me think I might be demi-bi-romantic. So I was curious if there was anyone other demiromantics out there and how you knew.  

Isn't Demi romantic attraction only to those you get to know well first?

I'm confused cause I've thought maybe I'm demiromantic but I'm not sure because I get crushes/squishes whenever I meet someone new and become friends and I'm not sure if it's because I'm REALLY lonely and just desperately trying to find someone to be with because I'm tired of being alone or if I'm demiromantic...

I mean if I found someone willing to be QPR partners with me I'd definitely take it slow too but I'm still desperately wanting a relationship. Does that cancel me being demiromantic?

abandoned-account
2 hours ago, SuicuneAtDusk said:

I'm confused cause I've thought maybe I'm demiromantic but I'm not sure because I get crushes/squishes whenever I meet someone new and become friends and I'm not sure if it's because I'm REALLY lonely and just desperately trying to find someone to be with because I'm tired of being alone or if I'm demiromantic...

I mean if I found someone willing to be QPR partners with me I'd definitely take it slow too but I'm still desperately wanting a relationship. Does that cancel me being demiromantic?

I think it just means that you very rarely feel romantic attraction, and usually only after an emotional connection has been made with the person.

I feel like mine may also be a mere by-product of weird emotions and wishful thinking, maybe the "quoiromantic" label best describes both of us.

7 minutes ago, SuicuneAtDusk said:

It's about forming an emotional connection with someone first. I would never date someone I just met, because the only people I get attracted to are people I've known for a while and formed a solid friendship with. 

Well that's what I feel it's like. I'm the same way. I'd want to be friends a long while before doing romantic things. Though some people have different ideas of what romance is.

For me it's basically touching foreheads, and maybe cuddling (never naked eww) while watching a movie or something. Hugging maybe to. So maybe I'm more looking fur a QPR huh?

But I can't explain this desperation I have. Every time I meet someone I connect with I'll just hope that maybe one day soon I can meet them IRL and be qpps with them. I mean I'm wanting to connect first and get to know them so is that still demiromantic?

I mean I have it a lot... It dies down sometimes. But I guess I feel romantic attraction only after I feel I can trust someone.

I'm totally confused.

@Vee. What is quoiro?

SingingCatfish

I've known for a long time though I didn't have a word for it until recently. I never understood "love at first sight" or how someone could have a crush on a person they didn't know.

11 minutes ago, Lightning107 said:

It's about forming an emotional connection with someone first. I would never date someone I just met, because the only people I get attracted to are people I've known for a while and formed a solid friendship with. 

Exactly. With maybe one exception, I've only ever had crushes on my friends.

abandoned-account
2 hours ago, DuskFire said:

What is quoiro?

Basically it means you're unsure whether you experience romantic attraction or not or when you do.

Here's a wiki article about it: http://aromantic.wikia.com/wiki/Quoiromantic

2 hours ago, DuskFire said:

I feel the same way, I consider myself romantic, but sometimes I just don´t want anything to do with it.

Twisted Tempest

Hi! I'm not 100% certain, but I think I'm Demiromantic. I believed I was aromantic up until a few months ago actually, but then I fell in love with my best friend. It was a very specific set of circumstances though (she actually saved my life), so I don't know if this is a unique one off case for me or not. Either way, I'm going through my first experience with romantic feelings right now, and it's been incredibly tough... But anyways, thats the gist of it.  

I'm DemiRomantic and kinda bordering between Asexual and DemiSexual.

For me it more a gut feeling about someone, do they see the personality I created or the inner core protected from view? 

My last long term relationship started out as just friends, but that person saw the real me no matter how many walls I put up to keep them at arms length.

But I do need my space too, or I start to feel trapped even though I really want to be with them at same time.

Littlemermaid223
On 2/7/2019 at 3:57 PM, DuskFire said:

Well that's what I feel it's like. I'm the same way. I'd want to be friends a long while before doing romantic things. Though some people have different ideas of what romance is.

For me it's basically touching foreheads, and maybe cuddling (never naked eww) while watching a movie or something. Hugging maybe to. So maybe I'm more looking fur a QPR huh?

But I can't explain this desperation I have. Every time I meet someone I connect with I'll just hope that maybe one day soon I can meet them IRL and be qpps with them. I mean I'm wanting to connect first and get to know them so is that still demiromantic?

I mean I have it a lot... It dies down sometimes. But I guess I feel romantic attraction only after I feel I can trust someone.

I'm totally confused.

@Vee. What is quoiro?

Same. For me “romance” is hugs, holding hands, and occasional cuddles. But I have this weird thing where I’m so down to have some kind of real life relationship but when I hang out even once with them, I’m like: eeeeeh maybe I’m not actually into that with you 😂 and then I’m happy by myself till the next wave hits. It’s a rollercoaster. 

Archived