Sotu 2019

MoraDollie

Let's discuss state of the union address for 2019 😅 I'll post my reaction later

RoseGoesToYale

What union? Congress is divided, citizens are deeply politically divided, all the money's been divided, the workforce is divided, and our borders are divided.

At least "We need some duct tape and super glue all up in here." would've made a truer and far more dignified speech than what Trump iterated.

Usual rhetoric. Blowing his own Trump-et, egotistical rhodomontade. Wall or bust, still sees North Korea as his pet foreign policy project. Same shit, different speech

I my opinion, these are the key takeaways:

Spoiler

https://hips.hearstapps.com/esq.h-cdn.co/assets/16/32/1600x800/landscape-1470669200-trump-food.jpg?resize=480:*

https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/57ea7816077dcc7e128b83a4-750-562.jpg

@timewarp, how big was that pizza if DT has to section it just to fit it into his oversized mush 

The state of the union address was appalling. I sat there with my mouth agap at the straight out lies Trump was saying. Some of the Democrats have their head down and covered in the crowd, probably trying to hide their astonishment. He cherry picked random acts of violence by immigrants and blowing them up instead of addressing gun violence 😐 I wanted someone to stand up and say “No, that’s a lie!” to Trump. I don’t care if it causes a scene, he pushed fear mongering bullshit. One of the worst parts with the HIV/AIDS part because his administration actively cut funding to HIV/AIDS

I just saw the bit where the Dem women all jumped up and started chanting USA in reply to his remarks about more women in Congress than ever before.

I wonder if Dimwit Donnie has realized by now they weren't cheering for him, but throwing epic shade.

That speech was way too long. I bet he secretly likes breaking records for things, such as the longest shutdown in history. He should put the energy he has about the wall into something more productive that actually benefits people, such as bringing down the cost of health care and health insurance. He mentioned about it, but what has he actually done about it?

Archived