Lord Jade Cross

I've never had a moment like that, but, as a scientist, an artist, and a deeply religious person, I think I've caught a few glimpses of it.

The idea of "understanding everything" seems like the philosophical equivalent of trying to look straight at the sun.  

Last night, when I was playing Minecraft and listening to a bunch of old rock songs. I'm not sure why, but music just fills me with knowledge and happiness when I can really feel the music.

I've had moments where I felt God was with me. Very hard to describe and very rare.

8 minutes ago, SuicuneAtDusk said:

I've had moments where I felt God was with me. Very hard to describe and very rare.

Very few people can describe them.

Something like this has happened to me. I was deep deep into depression - like I was barely functioning. All of a sudden this thunderstorm rolled through and it was super crazy. It knocked the power out for 3 days and knocked several dozen trees down - roots and all. I just remember standing out on the balcony/deck thing we had and letting the rain absolutely soak me. All of a sudden something just hit me and it felt like I like tapped into the universe and in that moment I knew that everything would be okay - no matter what. It was incredible. My depression instantly went away and then next year of my life was probably the happiest I've ever been.

Too bad it didn't last - ha

In the past it happened when I'd reached brushes with suicide. Afterwards I'd go completely blank. Didn't feel anything. No good, no bad. Just nothing. Was like having a curtain lifted on my thoughts. I could rationalize and come to conclusions that I probably normally couldn't. Everything I looked at or thought about just seemed to fit into place.

5 hours ago, Ceebs. said:

A few times when I've smoked a shitload of weed maybe, lol.

Never done any drugs. Always wondered what it's like.

Especially acid trips, people describe them to be so colorful.

Life With Masks

There were moments I felt like I was not one in many but a constituent of the whole world and that I had no free will because the world was influencing my everything.

There were moments I felt like I was half-awake when vigilant, and I forgot about myself. Very rare.

There were moments I asked the meaning of my existence and looked at the sky and felt like everything I do had no meaning and will be forgotten in a few decades. A dreadful feeling.

But I have never felt I knew everything, rather that there's so much to know that even if I took all courses I'd still be ignorant.

abandoned-account

It happens every once in a while--and I wish it would more--that whenever I'm working on a piece of artwork that I get into some sort of "groove" as I call it, where my mind relaxes and my eyes and hands just... work. Those are the moments when I excel at my task. Whenever I start thinking about it more, then I get frustrated and it becomes much more difficult. This sometimes happens when I do other things too, such as playing video games.

On 2/5/2019 at 4:44 PM, Duke Memphis said:

Last night, when I was playing Minecraft and listening to a bunch of old rock songs. I'm not sure why, but music just fills me with knowledge and happiness when I can really feel the music. 

There's something almost.. mystical about music whenever you get into it. I often like to listen to music I like when I do some work, such as maths, artwork, or cleaning up, and it helps it just go by. I agree that it is like something you feel... kind of like the experience I talked about above. This is part of why I want to try taking up DJ-ing as a hobby one of these days.

13 hours ago, SuicuneAtDusk said:

Never done any drugs. Always wondered what it's like.

Especially acid trips, people describe them to be so colorful.

Me neither, but from what's been described it just seems like many of the dreams I have at night. They often get so surreal I can hardly even describe them.

1 hour ago, Vee. said:

They often get so surreal I can hardly even describe them.

Same here.

And my nightmares are so cliche. They literally rely on jumpscares. I mean seriously? Though for some reason it works cause I wake up screaming (or yelling)

abandoned-account
2 hours ago, SuicuneAtDusk said:

Same here.

And my nightmares are so cliche. They literally rely on jumpscares. I mean seriously? Though for some reason it works cause I wake up screaming (or yelling)

Sounds like the modern horror games in a nutshell. xD

• 2 weeks later...

I've never been fortunate enough to have that kind moment of clarity, but I haven't been alive for too long, so maybe I have that to look forward to. What I can say is that I'm not sure I'd want everything in the universe to make sense, though. The crazy randomness keeps me on my toes, and, frankly, I don't think anything could happen to me that would make everything make sense. Socks with sandals? Baffling. Cats and all their weird cat-isms? Mystifying.

I think the full quote attributed to Socarates by Xenophon is 'Realising one knows nothing is the start of wisdom'. Socrates came to that discussion after talking to various tradesmen and artits but realised how little they knew. He therefore assume that to get to real issues, to question them appropriately, one must come to the realisation and speak as if they know nothing.

Archived