Psychology Dissertation Study

JFletcher

Completed but I struggled with the sexual experience question. Never was not in the list.

Louise McBear

I put "prefer not to say" for the "last time you had sex" question because never wasn't an option. Other than that, it was an interesting survey.

I had a lot of trouble making priorities, because all of those things are important to me.

It would have been nice to have an "intellectual" option for the priorities. I just like learning things and pushing the boundary of human knowledge through research, but didn't know where to put that down... So I put down hedonistic (even though I am a very strong introvert and my "excitement" comes from learning)

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

Done! One suggestion though. On the question about 'the last time you had sex..why did it stop at 1 year plus? That seems a bit arbitrary and a sexual could have answered that as 1 year plus if they were between relationships.

How about making it open?

I'm sure there's a difference in an answer that says 1 year plus and 20 years plus.

That difference could make a whole new study🍰😊

knittinghistorian
On 2/9/2019 at 7:10 PM, Louise McBear said:

I put "prefer not to say" for the "last time you had sex" question because never wasn't an option. Other than that, it was an interesting survey.

Ditto.  Bit of a problem.

knittinghistorian

In the list of priorities, it would be nice if "Relationships" wasn't defined specifically as "relationship with a partner".  I don't want that.  I want relationships with family and close friends, but that wasn't on there, so I listed "Relationships" anyway.

On 2/9/2019 at 5:10 PM, Louise McBear said:

I put "prefer not to say" for the "last time you had sex" question because never wasn't an option.

^ Same. I'm also kinda surprised that "asexual" wasn't listed as one of the default orientations when it asks you that question... You're advertising this on AVEN, ma dude. ;)

Still, I think it's cool that you're interested in learning more about aromantics! I wish you luck with your research!

On 2/9/2019 at 8:10 PM, Louise McBear said:

^^^ I did this too 👍

your dissertation sounds interesting. I'm curious about the results

Archived