firewallflower

Admod Appreciation

firewallflower

Discourse is good, constructive criticism is important, and nothing and nobody is perfect.

But at the end of the day, moderating/administrating on such a forum (or really, on any forum) is no easy task—and by and large, our admod team does an excellent, admirable job of balancing personal lives and feelings with official roles and responsibilities, making decisions, and upholding the ToS while promoting dialogue. And that's something that I think deserves much more positive credit than may often be given.

So let's all pause to recognize that these are volunteers who put a huge amount of time and energy into making and maintaining AVEN as the imperfect but wonderful slice of cyberspace that it is, and let's take a moment to just appreciate all they do. :)

So, to the admods:

thank_you_cake_chocolate.jpg&f=1

... for everything.

• Like 12

TheAP

Thank you! That's really encouraging to hear.

• Like 3

Chimeric

Yes, sincere thank you for all of your time and efforts!

• Like 2

Kimmie.

You are all doing a amazing job with the tools you have. This forum would not be close to as user friendly if there was no one doing your job.

• Like 2

Leedle-Lee

Awww, thanks so much! :D And just so you guys know, it's this community that keeps us coming back. If it weren't for all of you, we wouldn't have a reason to be here. At least for me, personally, I enjoy being on AVEN too much to want to leave. 

• Like 3

Just Dani

I can't imagine that it's easy... 

I commend you guys for your commitment, tho. As someone who has two volunteer jobs IRL, not to mention work and school and personal stuff on top of that, I know how crazy it can be! :D 

• Like 2

Custard Cream

Yes, I absolutely agree.  Great job all!  I salute you....

• Like 2

Cheshire-Cat

Most people probably aren't aware but mods tend to spend at least an hour a day (some much more) on here looking after their forums, and catching up on admods only and reports. They put a huge amount in and although it can sometimes from this side like they've made slightly crazy decisions there is a LOT of discussion that goes into decision making. And even if not everyone agrees they work hard to uphold the decisions made. 

So yes well done all our lovely admods. 

542_1477576546_previewweb.jpg

• Like 4

kelico

As someone who was on Admods for a while, and now on PT...I can say how hard they all work. And it is SOOOOOOOO appreciated. Thank you all for everything you do for the site. :cake: <3333

Related image

Image result for group hugs

• Like 4

Sally

I'm glad we haven't driven you all away!   :cake::cake::cake:

• Like 2

Kimmie.

Because of everything that have come up latelly i am super impressed of what all og you are able to do without needing a psychologist.

• Like 2

daveb

Who says we don't need psychologists? :lol: 

(speaking for myself, a sense of humor helps) :) 

• Like 3

firewallflower

I feel like reviving this thread with extra cake. :cake: 🍰 🎂

• Like 8

FaerieFate
1 hour ago, firewallflower said:

I feel like reviving this thread with extra cake. :cake: 🍰 🎂

Wish I could cake reaction this :P

• Like 4

Saphoune

Here is a little thank you to all Mods.

Your work is no piece of 🍰.

Instead of browsing just for fun, you may spend some of your time glued into some hot 💩 debates.

• Like 6

Janus DarkFox

An old thread but an important one, for all staff and volunteers of all projects. :cake: 🍰

• Like 5

Kimmie.

You are all amazing. 

• Like 4

Mackenzie Holiday

You all deserve a great big thanks for everything that you do here. Even when you're confronted with extremely stressful situations, you show composure and a level of dedication to being understanding and fair that's truly admirable. The amount of work you put into this community as volunteers blows me away.

I appreciate everything you do to help keep AVEN the wonderful little slice of the Internet that it is.

df0642148d96e80e8773c44a6411adb2.jpg

• Like 7