Anxiety represented (in art)

Just Somebody

Anxieties   

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know someone that already struggled with anxiety ?

• I have anxiety diagnosed
    • I know people with anxiety diagnosed
    • Both
    • neither
    • idk

This poll is closed to new votes

Just Somebody

So, I've been stunned about how artists these times are a lot more comfortable to be giving space in art to talk about anxieties  and I actually find it very important to be talked about , anxiety and depression, if not despair and hopelessness are said to be the struggles of the century

I'll be giving a few examples in music, but I would appreciate if anyone else wants add to this conversation visual arts or other types of art depicting anxieties 

In rap 

In hip hop

In pop 

And in indie

The webcomic Daughter of the Lilies has a main character who struggles with anxiety.  Since the story takes place in a fantasy setting, the voice in her head is personified as a literal evil spirit.

• 1 year later...

@Just Somebody

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived