Genderfluid vs Genderflux

AceOfClubs

Hello everyone, you know the drill you read the title. 

So after going to many places and talking to many amazing people I have pinned my gender down to two opinions. I am either genderfluid or genderflux. I know they overlap in places but are different. I have done my research but I still don’t really understand what genderflux fully means. If anyone can explain the difference in simple terms I would appreciate it greatly. I have been in months of searching and I am the closest I have ever been.

awkward fist bump,

Me

no-longer-in-use

Genderfluid is where your gender changes along the gender spectrum, which can include any amount of genders.

Genderflux is where your gender changes in intensity, so going between full intensity (e.g. boy), partial intensity (e.g. demiboy) and no intensity (agender).

Does that clear it up?

8 hours ago, Coddiwomple said:

Genderfluid is where your gender changes along the gender spectrum, which can include any amount of genders.

Genderflux is where your gender changes in intensity, so going between full intensity (e.g. boy), partial intensity (e.g. demiboy) and no intensity (agender).

Does that clear it up?

Yeah that is actually perfect way to put it. Thank you!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/transgenderteensurvivalguide.tumblr.com/post/143629726775/genderflux-vs-genderfluid/amp

I found that this really helped me and couple friends understand the difference. If you need any further clarification 

3 hours ago, ReyGraves said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/transgenderteensurvivalguide.tumblr.com/post/143629726775/genderflux-vs-genderfluid/amp

I found that this really helped me and couple friends understand the difference. If you need any further clarification 

So wait a genderflux only transitions between, for example, boy, demiboy, and agender or is it boy to girl transitioning

5 hours ago, AceOfClubs said:

So wait a genderflux only transitions between, for example, boy, demiboy, and agender or is it boy to girl transitioning

I mean you can be transgender and genderflux. I was assigned female at birth. But I dentify as male. I flow between boy, demiboy, and agender. But my gender is never girl. 

Boy to girl would be genderfluid. 

23 hours ago, ReyGraves said:

I mean you can be transgender and genderflux. I was assigned female at birth. But I dentify as male. I flow between boy, demiboy, and agender. But my gender is never girl. 

Boy to girl would be genderfluid. 

So like going from agender to Demiboy to demigirl is genderfluid 

13 hours ago, AceOfClubs said:

So like going from agender to Demiboy to demigirl is genderfluid 

Yes. 

I think it it might be pertinent for you to know Agenderflux as well. 

Agenderflux (similar to Agender and Genderflux), also called Librafluid, is a type of genderfluidity and a subset of genderfluxwhere an individual may identify as if they feel no particular connection with any gender/identify, or Agender, as well as fluctuating between having masculine and/or feminine gender identity. 

This means that an individual has a “base gender” of agender, bit can also fluctuate to and from masculine and/or feminine genders.”

Since you mentioned agender and two demigenders. But if you don’t feel that the “base gender” is agender then you can disregard this. I don’t mean to throw  labels at you. 

Heres a link to the rest of the article

http://gender.wikia.com/wiki/Agenderflux

48 minutes ago, ReyGraves said:

Yes. 

I think it it might be pertinent for you to know Agenderflux as well. 

Agenderflux (similar to Agender and Genderflux), also called Librafluid, is a type of genderfluidity and a subset of genderfluxwhere an individual may identify as if they feel no particular connection with any gender/identify, or Agender, as well as fluctuating between having masculine and/or feminine gender identity. 

This means that an individual has a “base gender” of agender, bit can also fluctuate to and from masculine and/or feminine genders.”

Since you mentioned agender and two demigenders. But if you don’t feel that the “base gender” is agender then you can disregard this. I don’t mean to throw  labels at you. 

Heres a link to the rest of the article

http://gender.wikia.com/wiki/Agenderflux

Where has this been my whole life. This it exactly how I feel. Thank you so much.

6 hours ago, AceOfClubs said:

Where has this been my whole life. This it exactly how I feel. Thank you so much.

You’re very welcome :)

Just Somebody

You should check this link ... anyway :

Keep in mind that :

Gender identity are just words you feel more comfortable for whatever reasons being referred as at the moment or the box you feel more comfortable and better represented being inside at the moment.... that's it, pretty simple.

Gender expression is what other people get to perceive on you (your behaviors,  your name and pronouns,  your body and biological sex,  your clothes, gender stereotypes and roles, etc)

7 hours ago, Just Somebody said:

You should check this link ... anyway :

Keep in mind that :

Gender identity are just words you feel more comfortable for whatever reasons being referred as at the moment or the box you feel more comfortable and better represented being inside at the moment.... that's it, pretty simple.

Gender expression is what other people get to perceive on you (your behaviors,  your name and pronouns,  your body and biological sex,  your clothes, gender stereotypes and roles, etc)

Well multiple people said that they think of my as non binary. I personally feel that agenderflux describes me because at times I feel sort of like a girl and at others I actually feel sort of like a guy. But me actually feeling masculine is a sort of rare occurrence but at times I will feel it. The few times people say that they think of me more as a girl makes me really happy since it happens on my more feminine days. May I just putting all this in typing makes me realize how I actually feel since at times I forget to put my emotions into consideration.

• 8 months later...
On 1/25/2019 at 1:57 PM, ReyGraves said:

I'm having a, "there's a word for the thing I do!" moment. Genderflux. Cool.🙂

• 11 months later...

So glad I found this so I could fully understand, I've been having a hard time finding a clear explanation of the difference between Genderfluid and Genderflux, since I originally thought they were the same thing. Very helpful. But now I'm questioning my gender for the millionth time today. 

• 4 months later...
On 10/17/2020 at 1:15 AM, Skylord said:

So glad I found this so I could fully understand, I've been having a hard time finding a clear explanation of the difference between Genderfluid and Genderflux, since I originally thought they were the same thing. Very helpful. But now I'm questioning my gender for the millionth time today. 

HELP i went through genderflux, demigirl, girlflux, demigirlflux all in one night 

• 5 months later...
On 2/19/2021 at 9:14 AM, nico waahh said:

HELP i went through genderflux, demigirl, girlflux, demigirlflux all in one night 

I feel you. I’m currently leaning on girl flux with a “base” (for lack of a better word) at demigirl but not demigirlflux because the definitions I’ve seen of demigirlflux say that it fluctuates between at the most feminine demigirl and the most masculine demiboy but I never feel masculine and I sometimes feel fully female but not often. So I’m going with girlflux. Idk you so Idk how you feel but this could bring some clarity to someone I hope.

Archived