Anyone interested in a Dungeons and Dragons group?

bring_back_eiffel_65

GeekyGamerZack

I'm actually looking to upgrade my D&D Beyond subscription, in order to be able to accommodate a group of players. If anyone's interested, please let me know. :D

I guess that means I'm volunteering as a DM for this group, which is fine, as I tend to prefer that role. The only questions now are which of my settings to choose first, and how to decide. ;)

11 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

I'm actually looking to upgrade my D&D Beyond subscription, in order to be able to accommodate a group of players. If anyone's interested, please let me know. :D

I guess that means I'm volunteering as a DM for this group, which is fine, as I tend to prefer that role. The only questions now are which of my settings to choose first, and how to decide. ;)

Hmm, should we first work out a day/time first which is convenient for the most amount of people? We have a couple of Brits, some Australians, and a load of Americans. Working out a timezone that works for everyone might not be simple 😂

1 minute ago, Slice of Ace said:

Hmm, should we first work out a day/time first which is convenient for the most amount of people? We have a couple of Brits, some Australians, and a load of Americans. Working out a timezone that works for everyone might not be simple 😂

My schedule is very flexible. I'm good with  any day and time. I'm in the central time zone

GeekyGamerZack
7 hours ago, blunose2772 said:

My schedule is very flexible. I'm good with  any day and time. I'm in the central time zone

And I have oodles of free time, so I'm okay to play whenever. My timezone is GMT+10.

ButterflyBlues

I'd personally prefer to play in the evening. My timezone is EST. Friday's work best because then I can procrastinate on school work 😜

AceofSpades0894
On 1/24/2019 at 6:31 PM, blunose2772 said:

Anyone need a copy of the D & D 5th edition Player's Handbook? Thanks to some odd circumstances I have an extra copy

I would love a copy if it's still available and happens to be free? I would pay for shipping of course. PM me if it's free and we can work out details please :)

GeekyGamerZack

I'm starting to think I need to self-promote my fantasy multiverse here, as a lot of it relates to D&D. Roughly half my settings are playable in one edition or another, so it'd help to show the players each of them. :)

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 7:33 PM, ButterflyBlues said:

I'd personally prefer to play in the evening. My timezone is EST. Friday's work best because then I can procrastinate on school work 😜

I'm going to be awkward and say I can't do this time 😝 Evening EST is the middle of the night for me, and I like to sleep 😂 I'm generally available from 7:00-22:00 GMT, any day 

That being said, if you guys can find a time that works for everyone bar me, I'll just pass on playing 😊

GeekyGamerZack
9 minutes ago, Slice of Ace said:

That being said, if you guys can find a time that works for everyone bar me, I'll just pass on playing 😊

I'd rather we try to find times that work for everyone first. No-one should miss out on the magic and wonder that is D&D! :)

ButterflyBlues
On 1/27/2019 at 5:41 AM, Slice of Ace said:

I don't want to be the reason you can't play!!!! There are other times that work for me too!

29 minutes ago, Augie279 said:

I'm fine joining! When will we meetup?

Hi! You're welcome to join if we ever get anything sorted (I need to work on my optimism 😂). That's what we're trying to work out. What day/time would be convenient for you, in general?

Weekends probably, I'm in MST if it matters

ForgottenReams

I'm a fairly experienced GM, and I'd be willing to run D&D or another RPG system. My timezone is GMT and I'm free most evenings. I'm happy to run a campaign for any one who wants to play.

ButterflyBlues

Since we have enough people for two groups should we divide based on our time zones?

GeekyGamerZack
48 minutes ago, ButterflyBlues said:

Since we have enough people for two groups should we divide based on our time zones?

It seems as though we have enough players and DMs for three groups, in fact. I think sorting by time zone is ideal, though it looks like a few North American and/or European players will need to join the group I DM, since there seems to be only a handful of members in or near my time zone otherwise. 😅

First, sorry for hijacking your topic, @bring_back_eiffel_65 😂

Okay, let's do a headcount, assuming everyone who posted is still up for it 😊 So, by my count, we have:

MST (GMT-7): @Augie279

CST (GMT-6): @blunose2772 @bring_back_eiffel_65

EST (GMT-5): @ButterflyBlues @Scifiknitwit @Rchlgreen @ametrine

GMT: @ForgottenReams @Raedwald @Nanoic @Slice of Ace (yes, I did just @ myself)

CET (GMT+1): @HonoraryJedi

Australia? (GMT+8-10.5): @FireAddWater

AEST (GMT+10): @GeekyGamerZack

The proposed DMs are @GeekyGamerZack, @ForgottenReams, and @bring_back_eiffel_65

Thus, we can probably make three groups, e.g.

Group 1 - FogottenReams (DM), Slice of Ace, Raedwald, Nanoic, HonoraryJedi

Group 2 - bring_back_eiffel_65 (DM), ButterflyBlues, Scifiknitwit, Rchlgreen, amertrine

Group 3 - GeekyGamerZack (DM), FireAddWater, Augie279, bluenose2772

Of course, we could probably organise it other ways, depending on when people are free

@AllTimeBubble @StomachGod, I don't know your timezones. If you still want to play, that would help for organising it

@AceofSpades0894, I'm not sure whether you wanted to join in or just to ask for the handbook? 

GeekyGamerZack
2 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

@Slice of Ace (yes, I did just @ myself)

Well at least you didn't Google yourself. 😁

(Although TECHNICALLY YouTube is owned by Google, so... 🍰📺🔌)

2 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

You know what? I actually don't mind my group getting the short end of the stick in terms of player count. Call me humble or whatever. 😊

2 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

You know what? I actually don't mind my group getting the short end of the stick in terms of player count. Call me humble or whatever. 😊

Less to do, eh? You also got the short stick in terms of organisation, just because there are only two Australians 😝 

5 hours ago, Augie279 said:

Group 3, any date/time suggestions?

I'm good with any day and time. My schedule is very flexible. I have 2 characters ready to go which I use depends on if the party needs a healer or a fighter

10 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

I just recently got into another group, so I don't think I would be able to join. This year is pretty busy for me (IB yr2) so focusing on one campaign will probably be better for everyone.

Also sorry for making the small group even smaller lol

3 minutes ago, FireAddWater said:

I just recently got into another group, so I don't think I would be able to join. This year is pretty busy for me (IB yr2) so focusing on one campaign will probably be better for everyone.

Also sorry for making the small group even smaller lol

No problem! 😊 One of Group 1/2's people can move to 3. I didn't expect every single person to still be up for it anyway 

ForgottenReams
55 minutes ago, Slice of Ace said:

No problem! 😊 One of Group 1/2's people can move to 3. I didn't expect every single person to still be up for it anyway 

Presumably, depending on the exact timing, some people might be able to play in multiple groups if they want to. It might also be possible to find more players elsewhere if we don't have enough.

I'm also working on a campaign setting for my game, in which the arrival of a new group of gods has brought the world out of a dark age brought on by the collapse of an ancient empire. However, while I'll be creating the gods and rough history myself, I'd like to create the individual region where the campaign will be set as a group so that the players are invested in the world.

GeekyGamerZack

As for my group, with so many available choices of setting, it'll be tough settling on just one, and an election might not work if everyone votes for an entirely different world. I suppose a multiple choice ballot system could work, with players choosing a bunch and ranking them from 1st to Nth, with each rank being worth a certain amount of points.

I hope this idea isn't dead. I would love to actually get to play

ButterflyBlues

@blunose2772 The idea isn't dead yet! We're just trying to work out groups and schedules. What timezone are you? That would help with planning things out!

central and my schedule is EXTERMLY flexible

GeekyGamerZack
2 hours ago, blunose2772 said:

my schedule is EXTERMLY flexible

Mine too. ☺️

Archived