Anyone interested in a Dungeons and Dragons group?

bring_back_eiffel_65

bring_back_eiffel_65

Hello!

I don't know if this is the right place to post this (please point me in the right direction if not), but I'd be interested in setting up a Dungeons and Dragons group in the future with some folk. I'm a new-ish DM and personally looking for ways to connect with the aro/ace community, and I figured it couldn't hurt to merge the two together! Let me know if there is any interest. Typically there are a lot of options for online DnD groups so don't feel discouraged by location/time zone!

I would love to, but I don't think I'd be able to, given that I'm British. Too much of a time difference there, I think 😂

I love me some D&D, and would be glad to help out. I'm in the central European timezone, but if that can be worked around I'm interested.

You had me at D & D. I've been itching to use my new dice

GeekyGamerZack

Sounds like fun. Like @Slice of Ace, timezones could be an issue for me, but like @HonoraryJedi, I'm willing to work around them if need be. I'm eager to get some more D&D in my life, and if this group needs another DM, I'm ready and willing to fill those boots of elvenkind! 😁

ButterflyBlues

I've never played before but I am interested in learning/playing!!

GeekyGamerZack
1 hour ago, ButterflyBlues said:

Then you are in for a treat. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm sure one of us will be glad to assist. 😊

6 hours ago, ButterflyBlues said:

Technically, I haven't really played before either, but I used to play a lot of Neverwinter Nights, and I have the rulebook for 5e which I've read too many times 😂 Does that count?

AllTimeBubble
On 1/21/2019 at 7:37 AM, Slice of Ace said:

I would love to, but I don't think I'd be able to, given that I'm British. Too much of a time difference there, I think 😂

Same here, moves would be like 5 hours ahead or behind, I'm not sure about time zones 

GeekyGamerZack
1 hour ago, Slice of Ace said:

Technically, I haven't really played before either, but I used to play a lot of Neverwinter Nights, and I have the rulebook for 5e which I've read too many times 😂 Does that count?

Yes, without question. NWN is ridiculously true to the 3rd Edition ruleset, so it counts. Although I should admit that I have yet to finish it...heheh. 😁

Also another Newbie to D&D, but I have been looking around for a group to join! But like others, timezones may pose a problem because I'm Australian, but then again, I would prefer a morning game, which typically means night time for the rest of the world 😅

GeekyGamerZack
25 minutes ago, FireAddWater said:

Also another Newbie to D&D, but I have been looking around for a group to join!

Welcome! 😊

But like others, timezones may pose a problem because I'm Australian

A fellow Aussie! 😆

(High-fives)

I would prefer a morning game, which typically means night time for the rest of the world 😅

That would be the sweet spot for me as well.

I would like to play! I've never done so before, but it's always looked fun. I kinda figured it was one of those games you had to play in person.

(I'm Eastern Time zone, by the way)

Central time zone here but I'm good for any day any time. Being on disability gives you lots of free time lol

11 hours ago, FireAddWater said:

I would prefer a morning game, which typically means night time for the rest of the world 😅

I'm in Eastern Time zone. I'd prefer a night game, so this would be great for me!

GeekyGamerZack

Just out of interest, what kind of characters do you like to play? In my case, I typically play either a bard, druid, paladin, sorcerer or wizard, and my character is almost always male..

Race-wise, I'm usually "the human", in order to provide some balance (most D&D worlds are predominantly inhabited by humans), but on the occasions in which at least one other player is playing one, I savour the chance to play a dragonborn, eladrin, high elf or gnome.

my last character was a half orc barbarian but I've also toyed with being a bard and mage. Race wise I'm open to anything

3 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Just out of interest, what kind of characters do you like to play? In my case, I typically play either a bard, druid, paladin, sorcerer or wizard, and my character is almost always male..

I'm open to playing pretty much any race/class combo. I'd just fill out any missing archetypes. We could probably organise two games with the amount of replies on the thread? It might help alleviate the timezone issue as well

GeekyGamerZack
30 minutes ago, Slice of Ace said:

I'm open to playing pretty much any race/class combo. I'd just fill out any missing archetypes.

Don't get me wrong, as there are somewhat-exotic path options in other classes that I like a lot. Here are a few of my favourites:

▪Cleric (Arcana Domain)

▪Fighter (Eldritch Knight)

▪Monk (Way of the Four Elements)

▪Ranger (Beastmaster)

▪Rogue (Arcane Trickster)

As you can see, I'm not TOO picky, although I have an affinity for magic-oriented paths. 😁

30 minutes ago, Slice of Ace said:

We could probably organise two games with the amount of replies on the thread? It might help alleviate the timezone issue as well

Agreed. We also need to organise a place to play. Might I suggest Roll20? :)

1 hour ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Agreed. We also need to organise a place to play. Might I suggest Roll20? :)

I would second that, plus I feel it makes things easy for people new to D&D.

ButterflyBlues

Stupid Question- how do you make a character? 😳

I found character creation sheets but there's a lot of stuff I don't understand on there. 😳😳😳

2 hours ago, ButterflyBlues said:

Stupid Question- how do you make a character? 😳

I found character creation sheets but there's a lot of stuff I don't understand on there. 😳😳😳

I would say that's an important question!

There are many tutorials put there, especially on YouTube such as this one :

The video is also part of a series of his onto how to play D&D, which although can be a lot to take in, is very useful.

Just going though your characters race, class and background type pages on wikis and such also tells you what your choices mean for your character, such as any boosts to abilities.

Lastly, the D&D beyond websites character creation although it doesn't guide you through making the sheet (and has a slightly different format to the typical character sheets) walks you though a process of what you need to think about for your character, and also can be used to check that you are doing things right, on the character sheet it generates you can also click on different sections to see what it means/it's uses.

Apart from that, your DM will most likely be happy to help you fill in things, as well as check over anything you have started/done. You can also find completed sheets via a quick Google search to compare what you've done in terms of layout.

Anyone need a copy of the D & D 5th edition Player's Handbook? Thanks to some odd circumstances I have an extra copy

Archived