AVEN Facebook Group!

AVENguy

supergeekgirl

Yo! I am! :) Love your avatar, by the way....

The Facebook group is nice because we're all about the same age. I'm hoping that things will get hopping more once the school year begins because I want to discuss more about what it's like to be an asexual in college (because college students are so sexed-up).

I just read the Wikipedia article on Facebook, and now I'm too scared to use it and am probably going to be boarding up my windows, wearing a lead hat, and running everything on I2P now as well. I'll have to think of some way to use simple public key encryption for real life conversation now too, as raw sound is too risky and people would catch on If i started speaking in Rot-13 But if I happen to forget all this in a month or so I'll probably sign up and join it.

supergeekgirl

There are three asexual groups started by AVEN people on facebook. Wouldn't it be fun if someone started an anti-asexual group so we could have some conflict (joking)?

AmoebicRoyce

This thread reminds me of how the first people I came out too were kids I was going to go to school with this fall. Every other freshmen is thinking about who they want to hookup with....

There actually is an anti-asexuality group (though specific to Asians for some reason):

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204834570

And is anyone else not thrilled that the AVEN group has "Mental Illness Awareness" listed among the related groups? :P (Yes, I know it's just that a couple of people in the AVEN group are also in the mental illness group, doesn't mean they're related... etc.)

There actually is an anti-asexuality group (though specific to Asians for some reason):

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204834570

And is anyone else not thrilled that the AVEN group has "Mental Illness Awareness" listed among the related groups? :P (Yes, I know it's just that a couple of people in the AVEN group are also in the mental illness group, doesn't mean they're related... etc.)

Yeah, I'm not too thrilled (about either). But I think those 'related' groups are just groups that members are a part of. I could be wrong.

Archived