CentaurianPrincess

We NEED a block button

Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?)
On 11/7/2019 at 1:33 PM, Woodworker1968 said:

I can totally understand the desire for a block button. Ignoring doesn’t work in the case of those (fortunately very few) individuals whose mission is life seems to be to keep fishing for your attention in the hope that one day you’ll finally break down and be like “aaaaagh!!! You finally succeeded in annoying me!!! Are you satisfied now???”

Maybe that isn’t really their intent, but they deserve a booby prize for their persistence.

You won't see them though if you have them on ignore. I don't even think they can use PM if you've got them on ignore, only thing you can see is their status updates. If you don't know they're replying to you, then is it really an issue?

Woodworker1968
9 hours ago, Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?) said:

If you don't know they're replying to you, then is it really an issue?

For them, it must be. Otherwise they'd take the hint and give up, or at least find someone else to pester.

Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?)
1 hour ago, Woodworker1968 said:

For them, it must be. Otherwise they'd take the hint and give up, or at least find someone else to pester.

How do you know they're still replying to you if you have them on ignore? :o

Woodworker1968
2 hours ago, Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?) said:

How do you know they're still replying to you if you have them on ignore? :o

It’s a dead giveaway when I later find they’ve posted almost immediately after I did. The effort is wasted of course because I don’t really care for their tone, much less whatever they want to tell me. But they still persist.

Moderne Jazzhanden

If you want to ignore someone you have to pay attention to them. Block them and you won't any longer know whether you have or not. What is it in you that wants to block what it perceives as the other?