Romantic Attraction???

ButterflyBlues

ButterflyBlues

Hi! What is romantic attraction? I know its the desire for a romantic relationship, but do you just look at someone and think "I want to be their girlfriend/boyfriend/significant other."

I'm not sure if I experience romantic attraction, and I was talking to my friends about it and noticed that I thought of it differently.

I don't necessarily want to date someone, it's more like "I'd go out with them if they asked me." (not sure if that makes sense, I don't really know how else to explain it.) I want to get married, but not like to a specific person, I just like the thought of getting married. So back to my original question, what is romantic attraction, and how do you know if you experience it?

Galactic Turtle

The fledgling form of romantic attraction is, I believe, widely considered to be a crush. Whether that turns into full blown love or not depends on a number of factors.

I suppose someone could look at someone else and instantly want to be their partner... or at least develop a desire to walk up to them and see what they're all about.

A number of people seem to go out with people just because they were asked. I have no idea why. But I think it's more rare for two people to simultaneously have feelings for each other without speaking. That means what it usually comes down to is one person asking, in essence, to be considered romantically. The other person can say yes or no.

Generally when single people say they want to get married they don't have a specific person in mind. If they did, they'd probably be taking the steps necessary to get closer to marriage.... like asking them out on a date or otherwise getting to know them.

Just Somebody

Romantic attraction /a crush is just a desire of wanting to get emotionally closer in a bond , with someone/something that caught your attention for whatever reasons, and specifically desiring to call that bond a romantic relationship.

The difference BTW a friendship and a romantic relationship (as well any other kind of emotional bond) is just the words, both with different social impacts .

Archived