ben8884

British political discussion thread

Janus DarkFox

When a paper has the title like ‘Demon Chicken Dinner told me to Kill’ And it’s covered in female breasts then it’s gone pretty bad... Then again, what to expect in a paper like Daily Sport.

timewarp

I can't help thinking that the Tories have made a serious error of judgement renaming their Twitter account to "factcheckUK" during last night's debate. A party that is already running rather low on voters' trust should think very carefully about that kind of thing. I wouldn't be surprised if it backfires.

• Like 1

Skycaptain

@timewarp, something tells me that's only going to be an issue for a day or so. Especially as they've got lucky, and the Prince Andrew kerfuffle has taken over the news 

timewarp
39 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

Especially as they've got lucky, and the Prince Andrew kerfuffle has taken over the news

The timing of his actions would suggest he's a strong Tory supporter. I'm sure he was aware what stepping down from all his duties on the day of the Lib Dem manifesto launch would mean. Same for the interview he decided to give long after the story had already been known and well after the start of the election campaign.

michaeld

I doubt there is any relation. I don't think Prince Andrew would have given the interview at all if he'd had any idea of the uproar it was going to cause. Stepping down from public duties seems like an attempt at damage limitation - ie. to make less of a story not more - possibly on request by the Queen or other royal officials.