Gone Boy

How has your life changed since you found out you are Asexual

jay williams
30 minutes ago, AllThisTime said:

Outwardly my life hasn't changed at all. I am still, and will continue to be, one of the few token singles. . .

Thanks for listening, all.

Thank you for sharing your heart felt sentiments. I too experienced a difficulty with soaking myself with alcohol, and was lucky enough to quit drinking. That was 25 years ago. I have also managed, one way or the another, to pull away from really nice people. I don't know that you have to let others know of your own struggles and issues with (a)sexuality. But if you believe it to be cathartic, then go for it!  

• Like 2

Neutral Charge

it changed for me in the way of i have peace now with who i am and understand why i feel the way i do, aven made a difference with the feelings of being forever alone, i havent told anyone beside my partner as he is sexual and i thought he should know this as soon as i found out myself waiting to see how that will go.

All in all im glad i know and it does feel better living while being informed :D

• Like 3

will123
19 hours ago, TAF said:

and have no desire for a romantic relationship. Companionship and friendships, yes, romantic no.

That sounds like my feelings when I was younger. I may have liked a female friend but didnt have romantic (and obviously sexual) feelings towards them. In my mind I just felt they were female 'buddies' that I shared the same interests with.

• Like 2

helana12_03

I stopped trying to force myself to be "normal". I realized that it's ok to stay single forever and not want to have sex. 

• Like 3

will123
19 minutes ago, helana12_03 said:

I stopped trying to force myself to be "normal". I realized that it's ok to stay single forever and not want to have sex. 

I half-hearted tried to be heterosexual, but never put much of an effort into having a 'girlfriend' (not a girl friend) or a sexual partner. After identifying as asexual, life was a lot easier (not that I worried about my 'sexuality' or lack thereof much).

• Like 2