How has your life changed since you found out you are Asexual

Gone Boy

Neutral Charge

it changed for me in the way of i have peace now with who i am and understand why i feel the way i do, aven made a difference with the feelings of being forever alone, i havent told anyone beside my partner as he is sexual and i thought he should know this as soon as i found out myself waiting to see how that will go.

All in all im glad i know and it does feel better living while being informed :D

19 hours ago, TAF said:

and have no desire for a romantic relationship. Companionship and friendships, yes, romantic no.

That sounds like my feelings when I was younger. I may have liked a female friend but didnt have romantic (and obviously sexual) feelings towards them. In my mind I just felt they were female 'buddies' that I shared the same interests with.

helana12_03

I stopped trying to force myself to be "normal". I realized that it's ok to stay single forever and not want to have sex. 

19 minutes ago, helana12_03 said:

I stopped trying to force myself to be "normal". I realized that it's ok to stay single forever and not want to have sex. 

I half-hearted tried to be heterosexual, but never put much of an effort into having a 'girlfriend' (not a girl friend) or a sexual partner. After identifying as asexual, life was a lot easier (not that I worried about my 'sexuality' or lack thereof much).

Archived