As an ASexual, who are your role models?

Gone Boy

andreas1033

I have no role models as an adult really.

The two people i looked upto when young, were diego maradona(as a footballer), and kurt cobain. Humans that stand out, are usually messed up individuals. That little bit of crazy is normal for them. To stand out like they did, you have to be a little crazy. Being them, is not a normal life for anyone, and its no wonder both had problems with being famous.

When you live a life that is not normal, being crazy to others is something, that helps these people through it.

Most people in public, have no idea what it is like to live without privacy, and it drives you up the wall. Its no wonder, those that stand out to alot, are often far out there, they need to be, to handle it.

Bizarrely both were ruined by america in 1994, within a few weeks.

There are people who inspire me, but I wouldn't call them a role model. In the end I have to make my decision by myself, but these inspirations are helping me when I don't know what to do.

rainbowwahine

One of my biggest sheroes is Billie Jean King. Don't know many asexuals irl; I am a big fan of Severus Snape in the Harry Potter series, whom I read as asexual. I identify with him for many reasons. Don't approve of his snarkiness and bullying, but admire his courtly love -type devotion to Lily and how he ultimately helped defeat Voldemort.

Archived