Pretzels

ColeHW34

i've never had a soft pretzel, but the tiny dark chocolate covered ones are my life

High Blood Pressure runs in my family so I don't  eat many pretzels

Ms. Carolynne

I like soft pretzels, and crunchy ones.

The soft one's I eat with just salt. The crunchy ones I either eat with peanut butter or get the ones that are coated in yogurt or chocolate.

16 hours ago, Carson:) said:

I love Soft Pretzel's but I don't really like the crunchy ones.

Me too.

One of the few things I like about my country: there's an endless supply (and a large variety) of soft pretzels 😊

2 minutes ago, kiaroskuro said:

One of the few things I like about my country: there's an endless supply (and a large variety) of soft pretzels 😊

Where is this paradise? 

16 hours ago, kelico said:

ALL THE PRETZELS. :wub: My mom loves pretzels more than anything, and I've gotten my love for them from her lol. 

They exist! Gluten-free soft pretzels. : ) I've yet to try them, but here's some soft kinds: 

http://dutchcountrysoftpretzels.com/gluten-free-soft-pretzels-3/

https://www.glutenfreemall.com/catalog/tonyas-gluten-free-original-glutenfree-soft-pretzels-frozen-unit-p-2435.html

Thanks <3 I'll have to check those out. I remember I found the Tonya's ones on the company's website but shipping costs were insane. If neither of those works out I think I'm probably going to try making my own sometime, from what I know of pretzel-making it doesn't seem that difficult. I don't know if I'm thinking of pretzels or bagels, but I know for atleast one of them you boil the dough before baking it. I will definitely be following a recipe because otherwise I might have bagel-like pretzels. :lol:

12 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

Where is this paradise? 

The real mecca for pretzel lovers is Bavaria, I'd say. So technically, I live in the wrong part of Germany. Then again, some might say that Bavaria is a whole different country ... :lol:

3 hours ago, Winter Spirit ❅ said:

Thanks <3 I'll have to check those out. I remember I found the Tonya's ones on the company's website but shipping costs were insane. If neither of those works out I think I'm probably going to try making my own sometime, from what I know of pretzel-making it doesn't seem that difficult. I don't know if I'm thinking of pretzels or bagels, but I know for atleast one of them you boil the dough before baking it. I will definitely be following a recipe because otherwise I might have bagel-like pretzels. :lol:

I've seen them in some grocery stores. : ) I'm not sure where you are, but if you look real hard, you might find them in a store! Making your own would be great. I've seen a lot of recipes that look good. I'm not the best baker around...so I'm not ready to take them on haha, but I bet you could!! I'm not sure. I think perhaps both? Definitely bagels, though. But pretzels seem to have a similar shiny coating on the outside like bagels get. O: I bet they'd taste good anyway! :P 

4 hours ago, kiaroskuro said:

What's this about a soft pretzel paradise? 🤤🤤🤤

@kelico You may have tried baking things that were difficult to bake in the past. Things like cakes can be a little tricky because they don't always cook all the way through in the set amount of time, but you can always pop stuff back in the oven for a few minutes and then it should be good. I'm not super comfortable with regular cooking so I tend to stick to easier dishes like one pot (and crockpot) meals, maybe you just need to start out small with baking.

i try not to eat many pretzels, but I love big pretzels on their own and with cheese sauce. I can do the twists and pretzels in chex mix. I like Rold Gold pretzels types and the small sticks and big sticks. There are some though that I just don't care for like the airplane ones

On 1/19/2019 at 1:09 AM, Just Dani said:

What's this about a soft pretzel paradise? 🤤🤤🤤

Brezelina_Stachus_Marienplatz_Brezen_Kartoffelpueree_24.jpg

Munich :wub: We don't have that much variety in my part of the country, so I'd suggest that we all emigrate

@Goonie I'm using the exact same picture as my avatar elsewhere. Cool!

3 hours ago, kiaroskuro said:

Munich :wub: We don't have that much variety in my part of the country, so I'd suggest that we all emigrate

Holy pretzels.

I've never had a pretzel as the bread of a sandwich. 

7 hours ago, kiaroskuro said:

Hello! 😍 

I don't know about emigrating to Munich, but I definitely want to visit! 💜

45 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

Sounds like you're missing out! :D 

...And now I want a sandwich on a big pretzel... 

@kiaroskuro I was kind of craving a soft pretzel as a bread sandwich when I saw the email with the tag earlier. I hadn't even thought of using it before but it looks good. Obviously we both have excellent choices in Avs. Mine will probably change at the end of the month. I think I have a plan. It's taking me a bit to remember I changed it to begin with. But it's probably not as mind trippy as you running across it :D

I would enjoy a pretzel sandwich that's just three pretzels stacked onto each other. 

4 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

I would enjoy a pretzel sandwich that's just three pretzels stacked onto each other. 

You have to teach me all your pretzel knowledge this summer. 

1 minute ago, Kimmie. said:

You have to teach me all your pretzel knowledge this summer. 

Step 1: find a place that serves pretzels

Step 2: order a pretzel

Step 3: take out your phone

Step 4: take a bite out of the pretzel

Step 5: take a selfie

Step 6: eat the rest of the pretzel

35 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

Step 6: eat the rest of the pretzel

Well yes ofcource but what makes a good pretzel?  And are you as a pretzel pro okay with the Swedish word for them kringla? (atleast i think they are the same thing) 

I'm not at all a pretzel pro, I just like eating them. :P

1 hour ago, Snao Cone said:

Step 6; post said photo all over the interweb

Step 7: eat the rest of the pretzel

FIFY

9 minutes ago, Midland Tyke said:

FIFY

Posting it is usually Step 7.

The cafeteria at college had a cheeseburger in a pretzel bun today. I turned it down for beef lo mein.

On 1/21/2019 at 11:20 PM, Snao Cone said:

Me neither. But I like the fact that there's a bakery/takeaway devoted to the pretzel.

On 1/22/2019 at 4:48 AM, Goonie said:

@kiaroskuro Obviously we both have excellent choices in Avs. 

Yes, we do!

I'm not satisfied with the one I'm currently using, though. But don't worry, I won't steal 'yours' ... :D

The closest bakery to me doesn't sell pretzels, which when I found that out, one day when I really wanted a buttered pretzel, it was all I could think about all morning, absolutely baffled me, how could they not have pretzels, what bakery doesn't doesn't sell pretzels? I ended up having to go to the pastries and bread thing at the grocery store and get a pretzel there, but it wasn't all too great of a pretzel :( 

It's sad that the best pretzels I can get here are at a gas station, as long as they aren't out :( (but at least the gas station butters them, so I don't have to)

(Friend of mine said I can't expect the same amount of pretzels in the North of Germany, where I now live, as there are in the south, where I used to live, but it's still sad... I like buttered pretzels)

Anyways, generally, I like lye-knots better than pretzels, though I also really like pretzels (but only the fluffy kind, and I wipe off the salt)

Spoiler

3e9fcf2141.jpg

^this is a lye-knot (Laugenknote), it tastes really good with Nutella

Archived