Little Mentions 2019

Scott1989

I heard someone is analyzinng Katniss from The Hunger Games because they think she's asexual. That could be interesting, but I don't know anything else about it.

The game Gears 5 has 19 Pride flags as unlockables (which appears to be in game locked, not pay to unlock). Flag 3 is Ace, Flag 6 is Demisexual

https://www.pcgamesn.com/gears-5/multiplayer-banners-pride

Full list of flags from various sources (apologies if wrong) I've seen in spoiler (for space saving)

Spoiler

01: Abrosexual
02: Agender
03: Asexual
04: Bigender
05: Bisexual
06: Demisexual
07: Genderfluid
08: Genderflux
09: Genderqueer
10: Intersex
11: Lesbian
12: Neutrois
13: Non Binary
14: Pangender
15: Pansexual
16: Polysexual
17: Rainbow + POC
18: Rainbow
19: Transgender

There's a popular game on Roblox called "become woody"

The link to it is here: https://www.roblox.com/games/573886882/become-woody

You can get an assortment of pride flags + overlays for your woody character for free. One of them being:

1.png

The catalog of different flags + overlays you can get:

Yes.png

Glad to see this in a game with lots of visits and lots of players!

And in today's episode of Crappy Representation: Logan Paul reveals why he is now "asexual"

I have no idea who that guy is or if he's even remotely relevant for anything, but that's a misconception if I ever saw one...

11 hours ago, Homer said:

And in today's episode of Crappy Representation: Logan Paul reveals why he is now "asexual"

I have no idea who that guy is or if he's even remotely relevant for anything, but that's a misconception if I ever saw one...

That's...that's just great.

Nice, Logan Paul...

No idea how relevant this is, but YouTuber Christine Sydelko just announced she is quitting the Internet

"I quit the internet stuff just fyi it’s such a trivial job i can’t stand the people getting in fake drama for attention or acting like they’re a creative when they just film themselves living it was sorta fun while it lasted but i value my privacy more than followers now see ya."

Well duh...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There was a brief mention of asexuals amongst others in a positive light in a yelp review of a brewery near here out of all places and then another mention of asexuality in my local newspaper way back in 2014.

On 10/8/2019 at 4:58 AM, Member114264 said:

There was a brief mention of asexuals amongst others in a positive light in a yelp review of a brewery near here out of all places and then another mention of asexuality in my local newspaper way back in 2014.

Do you happen to have links? :) 

13 minutes ago, Homer said:

Do you happen to have links? :) 

For yelp and said review :

zwGtEnc.jpg

Then News article:

https://www.yourconroenews.com/neighborhood/moco/news/article/Man-s-reticence-about-sex-puts-relationship-in-9465962.php

I think the news article is neutral towards asexuality but hey any positive or neutral mention of asexuality is good news.

I'm blocked :D could you copy/PM the text for me? 

21 hours ago, Homer said:

I'm blocked :D could you copy/PM the text for me? 

My stupid keyboard isn't letting me copy links..

Not much but whatever.

Coming to think of it, I hate how they put it by physical or emotional problem though.

Edited by ColeHW34
removed quote and sent it to Homer per his request

The Yelp reviewer seems to be referring to gender rather than sexuality. Good spot though.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Slate's "Dear Prudence" column has a letter from an asexual person in it. It's the last-but-one paragraph (not counting the "classic" at the end).

• 2 weeks later...

I found a singer/songwriter called cavetown and he's aroace!

• 2 weeks later...

Yahoo — A third of couples in sexless relationships: how to bring back intimacy

Briefly mentions asexuality as one reason why people don't have sex, also featuring some interesting statistics about how long people go without intimate gestures.

There's still a lot of work to be done in Nigeria, as LGBT+ related issues being taught in university faces some backlash.

Asexuality is being mentioned as well: Sun news online — The UNN witchcraft saga: Ignorance, the bane of our society

• 2 weeks later...
Autumn Season

The vampires in Interview with the Vampire are described by this Youtuber as "sexually ace, but romantically bi". Time mark 15:00.

• 2 weeks later...

Very Brief mention in episode 3 of euphoria (hbo) 

Spoiler

Girl I don't know name of: do you think people are like 100% straight, 100% gay

Kat: no, obviously there's like bi-people, asexual, pan. Sexuality, is like a spectrum.