Scott1989

Little Mentions 2019

Topic will be automatically locked at 11:59 PM

Scott1989

Mod note: This thread is split from the 2018 thread and is for any ace related stories that might not deserve their own thread.  -- Philguin Baggins, World Watch Moderator

Ok, so I just discovered this today, in 2019, but it came from a podcast released back in March 2018, and there is no "Little Mentions 2019" so...

I was listening to a podcast I just discovered called Film Reroll, where they take a movie, turn it into a tabletop RPG, with just the start being the same, and as soon as a player needs to make a decision, things can turn out differently.

Today I was listening to Episode 1 of their Rouge 1 playthrough (contains some spoilers of the actual movie, https://www.filmreroll.com/?p=172) and they mention asexuality (initially they made a joke about asexual reproduction as part of a side joke but later on it's better). As spoiler free as I can try to be, they end up starting to try and guess who in the Star Wars universe is asexual, and it gets pointed out that asexual doesn't mean aromantic so they go through the list as again. It was more of a joke reference but still respecting aces (and aros) and a cool wee shout out. If you just want to hear the proper stuff about aces and aros, jump to 01:08:10 (though I do recommend the podcast in general so maybe hear it all out).

Edited by Philguin Baggins
Added mod note
  • Like 1

iff

this short story makes a few mentions of asexual, although while the marriage between the couple is non-sexual, neither are asexual (warning: some content that readers may find uncomfortable.

a clean marraige by sayaka murata, translated by giny takley takemori

https://granta.com/a-clean-marriage/

• Like 1

OptimisticPessimist
Homer

Pittnews  LGBTQ+ representation through flags

Talks about pride flags, mentions asexuality

Homer

Metroactive Generation Q

Kids these days are constantly on their phones... and more educated
about sex, consent and gender fluidity than ever before

Asexuality is talked about, as well as other sexual orientations and gender stuff

Homer

film-news.co.uk BFI announces BFI Flare: London LGBTQ+ Film Festival programme

Money quote:

Michael Blyth, BFI Flare’s Senior Programmer says: “At the heart of BFI Flare is a commitment to telling as wide a range of stories as possible, stories which speak to all members of the LGBTQ+ community. One of the many things which makes this year’s programme so exciting, and so vital, is an increased number of films addressing subjects so often overlooked in cinema – such as bisexuality, asexuality or intersex representation – making the 2019 edition one of our most diverse and inclusive yet.”

Side note: The Festival will take place from March 21 to March 31. The link above contains loads of information about the programme, ticket sales and whatnot.

Homer

Iowa State Daily - The Talk: Exploring the different sexual orientations

Asexuality is one of the less-heard of sexual orientations and the smallest group within the LGBTQIA+ community, with the CDC finding in 2014 about one percent of the population identified as asexual.

That's all of it though; if you're not interested in reading about what they write about other orientations, you can spare yourself the click :D