New incomer!

Billy Ranger

Hello there,

I found this place yesterday when I was looking for some advice on Reddit. I'm glad I was oriented to this forum since I didn't knew about such a big  asexual community !

I didn't feel the need to talk about my asexuality since recently. My friends understand me for the most of them and I never had any problem in my social life. But now that I understand how much I avoided any possible relationship for almost 5 years because of what I am, I felt it was now time to stop blocking myself from any possible romance and start learning from others how I could manage to build something with someone I might love even with the lack of sexual attraction.

And here I am! 

Hey hey! Welcome to AVEN!

You most certainly can love someone without sexual attraction!
You might find you still have romantic attraction and go for a romantic relationship!
Or you might simply desire a close platonic love with someone and opt for a QPR!

Feel free to ask any questions you might have!
It is traditional to offer new members cake, but I don't have cake so instead I offer you:
donuts.jpg

@Billy Ranger Welcome to AVEN!

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake,

ZWughhv.jpg

confused_being

Welcome!!:cake:

I am new myself and I hope you'll feel comfortable here. 😊

Hi and welcome :)

Thank you for signing up and saying Hello! You've come to the right place - AVEN is a wonderful community with lots of friendly and supportive people from all over the planet. A lot of us will be able to relate to your thoughts and feelings; you're definitely not alone!

You might want to kick things off by having a look at Questions About Asexuality, which has a lot of information on the basics of the concept, al in one place! Then there's Asexual Relationships, where we tak about how being asexual (or somewhat close to that) affects our everyday relationships, be them familial, platonic or romantic. Asexual Musings And Ratings is for the all too relatable moments - if you're anything like me, you'll stumble upon a lot of "Wait, WHAT?"-worthy stuff :lol: Are you up for a chat or a little game? Join us in Just For Fun!

Take your time to read and explore the forums and if you have a question, ask away! I hope you'll enjoy being a part of AVEN :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmrOidgNmryNhjpPrk4vN

Archived