Am I demisexual ??

Annagram

I recently realized I was asexual but I feel like I could possibly be demisexual. im 23 and the first person I fell in love with was a friend...I was in love with him for 7 years and he was the only person I could imagine trying sex with. But now I'm not sure if I was ever sexually attracted to him,Mabey it was just romantic. I was comfortable staying friends with him because we were still spending time together which was ultimately what I loved the most. I wanted more of that badly but I was willing to accept what I got. I always found it strange however that I was so crazy in love with him,I would do almost anything for him yet I never really fantasized about him at all...I thought it was because I had alot of respect for him but even in my dreams where my subconscious is free..I would basically just dream about talking and cuddling with him. Out of those 7 years I only dreamt about him kissing me 3x. I fantasized about having sex with him 3 times and although it was nice,I never had the urge to do it again. I would love it for some demisexuals to describe what it was like the first time they felt sexual attraction towards someone to help me identify it for myself.

Moving this from JFF to The Grey Area. Skycaptain (covering whilst JFF mods are busy) 

I’ve only experienced sexual attraction to one person and that is the guy I’ve been dating for about 6 months so far. When I first met him, we instantly became friends and got close to each other very quickly. I had never had a connection with someone like that before, where our personalities just seemed to click, we understood each other’s weird sense of humor, and hugging him was the most wonderful thing. I’m not sure exactly when it was that it occurred to me that I was sexually attracted to him, but maybe it was our first kiss, when I realized it was actually enjoyable. Before, kissing was just kind of boring. Soon after, sex became something I constantly thought about. It was weird, like I was a pubescent boy having a “sexual awakening”. It’s still weird to me now that I didn’t think about sex at all before. Also, when I started trying sexual things with him, I got a lot of pleasure out of it. It just became incredibly obvious that I’m demisexual. There was no question. I had never had a connection like that before or sexual attraction like that before. 

Whenever he needs an ego boost, I remind him that he’s the first person I was ever sexually attracted to. 😂

so that’s my experience! I hope it helps you figure things out. :)

On 1/23/2019 at 5:11 PM, tgif said:

I’ve only experienced sexual attraction to one person and that is the guy I’ve been dating for about 6 months so far. When I first met him, we instantly became friends and got close to each other very quickly. I had never had a connection with someone like that before, where our personalities just seemed to click, we understood each other’s weird sense of humor, and hugging him was the most wonderful thing. I’m not sure exactly when it was that it occurred to me that I was sexually attracted to him, but maybe it was our first kiss, when I realized it was actually enjoyable. Before, kissing was just kind of boring. Soon after, sex became something I constantly thought about. It was weird, like I was a pubescent boy having a “sexual awakening”. It’s still weird to me now that I didn’t think about sex at all before. Also, when I started trying sexual things with him, I got a lot of pleasure out of it. It just became incredibly obvious that I’m demisexual. There was no question. I had never had a connection like that before or sexual attraction like that before. 

Whenever he needs an ego boost, I remind him that he’s the first person I was ever sexually attracted to. 😂

so that’s my experience! I hope it helps you figure things out. :)

Thankyou. This actually helps me very much in understanding what sexual attraction will feel like if I experience it...knowing it's that obvious helps me understand that what I felt for my other experiences was not that :-) who knows Mabey one day I will

Archived