I'm probably not asexual after all.

Lad_Bloche

After loads of introspection i'm pretty sure i do feel sexual atraction. Sex itself is still something i have no interest in and i would like to stay far away from it. It's frankly just disgusting. However other sexual activities like touching and roleplay is something that i would like to experience.

Those things are considered Sensual rather than Sexual.
We define Sexual Attraction as leading to the desire to have sex with someone.
But there are other types of attraction besides Sexual Attraction.
There's Romantic Attraction, which we define as leading to the desire to have a romantic relationship with someone.
There's Sensual Attraction, which we define as leading to the desire to have intimate non-sexual physical contact with someone, like kissing or cuddling.
There's Aesthetic Attraction, which we define as leading to the desire to appreciate someone's aesthetic beauty.
There's Platonic Attraction, which we define as leading to the desire to have a deep friendship with someone.
And more.

1 hour ago, Lad_Bloche said:

After loads of introspection i'm pretty sure i do feel sexual atraction. Sex itself is still something i have no interest in and i would like to stay far away from it. It's frankly just disgusting. However other sexual activities like touching and roleplay is something that i would like to experience.

When you say “touching”, do you mean touching of the genitals? It does sound to me like you are likely to be asexual based on what you describe unless you feel desire to touch sexually.

Touchofinsight

Honestly what matters is that you understand your own feelings and desires and thus what you want out of your life. The asexual label doesn't really matter in the abstract. The best thing you can do is explore your own feelings and desires as well as you can to better understand your self and thus be more fulfilled. Whether or not you "can" or do call your self asexual doesn't really matter in the long run. What matters is that you know what's best for you and you make choices and behave that best reflect those ideals.

Archived