I don't like physical contact but my friends do

(Creative name)

(Creative name)

So this isnt like a huge serious issue but a small little thing that makes me uncomfortable. All my friends really like physical affection, like whenever I see any of them they'll hug me and they'll just grab my shoulder occasionally. But I dont really like being touched, like when I first met them I told them I didnt like being hugged or touched and they were just like, "it's fine it's just a hug." And I'm like "no that's not the point". Also I'm not out to any of them yet so that also doesn't help, but what should I do cause I've already asked them and I just dont think they realize that it makes me really uncomfortable.

NerotheReaper

Friends should respect your boundaries and the fact they disregard you being uncomfortable, that is kind of telling. I think you should try talking with them again, and really emphasize that touching makes you uncomfortable. If they won't accept that you have boundaries, then as harsh as it sounds to find new friends. Or distance yourself from these current friends

I have this issue with some friends... Honestly I have yet to find a way to dissuade them... My methodology has become to avoid people IRL as much as humanly possible without being rude...
sleepy_creepy.jpg

Archived