I can't even decide

CentaurianPrincess

CentaurianPrincess

I can't even decide if I'm a romantic ace or not. The question is what is romance? I feel the need for a partner, but not sure if it's consider an aro ace partner or what. How do you know if you're a romantic ace or not?

Little Stargazer

I'm questioning exactly that about myself as well. I've always enjoyed romance in novels, movies etc. but I've never been in love or experienced a crush. All I know about what it feels like is what I've read or heard from others. I've always been more of an introverted person and haven't really felt the need for a partner. 

What kind of partner do you feel the need for? What kind of relationship do you want to have with that person? Is it just on a platonic level, so not really involving any romantic feelings? You can still be aromantic if you want a partner. I've come across the term QRP (queerplatonic relationship) a couple of times as well, maybe that term fits the kind of relationship you're looking for.

CentaurianPrincess
5 minutes ago, Little Stargazer said:

I'm questioning exactly that about myself as well. I've always enjoyed romance in novels, movies etc. but I've never been in love or experienced a crush. All I know about what it feels like is what I've read or heard from others. I've always been more of an introverted person and haven't really felt the need for a partner. 

What kind of partner do you feel the need for? What kind of relationship do you want to have with that person? Is it just on a platonic level, so not really involving any romantic feelings? You can still be aromantic if you want a partner. I've come across the term QRP (queerplatonic relationship) a couple of times as well, maybe that term fits the kind of relationship you're looking for.

That's the Q word I was trying to think of. What is queer platonic?

Little Stargazer

The way I've understood it, is that QPR is a form of platonic relationship - hence the "platonic" - but more than a normal friendship. It usually brings more emotional commitment and a stronger bond with it that is more intimate than a friendship would be.

LadyGagaIsMyGod
2 hours ago, Little Stargazer said:

The way I've understood it, is that QPR is a form of platonic relationship - hence the "platonic" - but more than a normal friendship. It usually brings more emotional commitment and a stronger bond with it that is more intimate than a friendship would be.

This is practically ideal for me. I’m down for cuddles and commitment but beyond that I’m not really interested. I’ve never wanted to kiss anyone and I’m totally, completely ace. Recently I’ve been toying with the idea that I may be kinda aromatic, but this post sorta punched me in the face with its accuracy about what I’m looking for in a relationship.

Cheers @Little Stargazer, I hadn’t even known this was a thing that existed x

Oh gee, this one is tough. I duno how to tell exactly. I feel like I kind of sit on the line between romantic and not.
I definitely want to spend my life with someone one day, buuuuuut I don't really know the details beyond that. I am probably okay with cuddles and I know I like to use stupid cheesy/flirty lines... but anything more than that is a no... (which explains what I have listed for my romantic orientation...)
Guess I will figure it out sometime... maybe it depends on the person?...

Archived