Anyone Bi-Polar or Scizoaffective

Gone Boy

CentaurianPrincess

I have bi polar disorder among other things, but I don't think that should be your only criteria of making friends. I've found that making friends with non mentally ill people also has been an inspiration to my friend and I both. Welcome to AVEN. I'm glad you found it and hope you make good friends here.

Hi CenteurianPrincess. Thanks for the welcome. I find that it just makes it easier for me if the person I relate to has an understanding of what I go through or have been through. Being schizoaffective makes things a bit complicated which most people aren't aware of.

Welcome to AVEN

There are threads for Mental Disorders, Bipolar and Schizpophrenia spectrum in intersectionanlity. Many people hare are and they discuss it there.

https://www.asexuality.org/en/forum/127-intersectionality/

I am schizoaffective disorder and bipolar type 2 but most of my friends are not. My friendship criteria are based more on if people are kind, caring and honest even if they don't have mental illnesses. I also find that those friends end up having more energy and capacity to be available.

It is a tradition here to welcome new people with cake, here is a variety.
ef42b8e83d25f2ff48093b7e8d83a130.jpg 

Hi MakeLoveNotWar. Thanks for the welcome. Thanks for the tip. Thanks for the pick of the cake.  I find that it just makes it easier for me if the person I relate to has an understanding of what I go through or have been through. I find that people who suffer from a Mental Illness have more compassion and do not lose interest when people are going through a hard time.

@Foo Dog This might be the difference then, in my life the other people that I have met with similar issues to mine (autism, mental health issues, etc) have usually been the least supportive in my life, many went out of their way to use  my problems to take advantage of me

MakeLoveNotWar. I am sorry to hear that. There are always some rotten apples in the bunch. I tend to go out of my way to make people feel accepted and understood for I know what its like to be misunderstood especially by people who aren't mentally ill. Even my family can't be counted on to be sympathetic. So I have the other experience then.

CentaurianPrincess

I hate to say it but everyone in person I have met with aspergers has been a pervert of some sort. I'm sure you're not all that way though, and that's it's probably my bad experiences.

Phantasmal Fingers

:o

7 hours ago, CentaurianPrincess said:

I hate to say it but everyone in person I have met with aspergers has been a pervert of some sort. I'm sure you're not all that way though, and that's it's probably my bad experiences.

I hesitate to ask, but what exactly do you mean by them being perverts? That word has a lot of uses.

I just got my official diagnosis of Asperger's a couple weeks ago, but I've known about the likelihood of that diagnosis for a few years now. My nephew who lives with me is almost 15 and also has autism, and we do have very different ways that we show our... eccentricities, or quirks as he likes to say. Sometimes my nephew (or I) can do things that make him (or me) look like a real asshole, but he had no intention of coming across that way. There are also others who are knowingly being a problem, and it sounds like that's the kind you've come across.

@Foo Dog There are many people that I know of around here with the same or similar disorders, and others (like myself) who don't have them, but have others in their life who do (my wife). You've already found the 50's thread, and we're generally a friendly and understanding bunch. I'm the young one who hangs around there but I'm only 36. But welcome, and I'm sure you'll find people who understand you in no time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived