Attraction to a voice?

Luni

I guess this is the right place to put this since it’s an attraction I guess. Anyway, I was just wondering if there’s a term for attraction to someone’s voice. Like aesthetic attraction only using your ears not eyes? Idk if I’m making any sense. It’s just like sometimes the way people sound is really appealing, and I just want to listen to them for a while?

I certainly enjoy listening to some voices and find some aesthetically pleasing. Not sure if I would call it attraction for me, but I could see how it could be attraction for some people.

firewallflower

I'm not sure if there's a specific, widely established term for this particular variety of aesthetic attraction, but perhaps auditory attraction?

5 minutes ago, daveb said:

I certainly enjoy listening to some voices and find some aesthetically pleasing. Not sure if I would call it attraction for me, but I could see how it could be attraction for some people.

Likewise.

One of the things that aesthetically attracted me to my partner was his voice.  It was/is just the perfect man's voice, to me.  

Auditory appreciation was the main driving factor behind my obsession, age fifteen, with Benedict Cumberbatch.

itsmeelysemarie
On 1/14/2019 at 1:24 AM, E said:

There's a couple voices out there I could practically get drunk on.

Dunno if it's got a terminology really.

Me about Alan's voice. Nuff said.

• 3 weeks later...
Apathetic Echidna

Hello friend! As hearing is one of the senses I class it as sensual attraction. Sure I listen to music which I like, which I would term more auditory appreciation, but when it is really powerful and I just want to curl up at the person's feet and listen to them talk about anything for hours and I don't even realise I follow them around the room when they are talking it definitely goes under sensual attraction for me. 

On 1/15/2019 at 2:54 PM, Ardoise said:

Auditory appreciation was the main driving factor behind my obsession, age fifteen, with Benedict Cumberbatch.

Ah yes.  

Yes, totally! I recently ran into someone whose voice was almost exactly the same as my first ever crush - speech tics and all. I had to bail on the conversation fast because I could feel all that dumb nostalgic attraction flooding back just from hearing them talk.

Life With Masks

I feel a lot of aesthetic attraction to music. Sometimes, I feel a lot of an indescribable pleasure. The same applies to voices. Some voices, especially in languages I don't understand like korean, just sound so appalling, so pretty, so calming, so magnificent, I can't stop hearing that voice over and over again. That's how I experience it.

I listen to podcasts and am a frequent watcher of YouTube videos. I've recently come across Saoirse Ronan, who has a strong/thick accent that is very fun to listen to. 

1 hour ago, kmarra said:

I listen to podcasts and am a frequent watcher of YouTube videos. I've recently come across Saoirse Ronan, who has a strong/thick accent that is very fun to listen to. 

I could totally listen to Saoirse Ronan talk all day long.

itsmeelysemarie
58 minutes ago, Road said:

I could totally listen to Saoirse Ronan talk all day long.

I risk repeating myself but...me with Alan. I wish there were audio tracks of him talking about stuff. Not poetry, not music, him talking about whatever he wants.

For me, liking someone's voice is the second most common reason for having a crush/squish/whatever on someone (number one is personality). So I would definitely appreciate if there was a word for it.

Sure rants alot

I love voices, especially if they are deep and soothing. A few of my favorites, too many to list them all:

James Earl Jones, Morgan Freeman, Richard Burton (from many years ago, he's gone now), Maya Angelou, Bette Davis had a unique voice. I loved hearing her talk.  I also loved my grandfather's voice when he'd read to me.   I didn't want him to stop.  I once took a class with a young man from Jamaica. I loved his voice too, and the accent. I'm kind of a sucker for accents. 

On 2/7/2019 at 4:30 AM, CummingDelights said:

I risk repeating myself but...me with Alan. I wish there were audio tracks of him talking about stuff. Not poetry, not music, him talking about whatever he wants.

I've had a couple of videos in one of my YouTube playlists, where he just talks about the city of Edinburgh and whisky, two of my favourite things. 🙂

I like some voices.  My friend Asim has a cute voice.  Although I hate his politics, Benjamin Netanyahu (Prime Minister of Israel) has a pretty cool voice too.

Archived