How do you want to be buried?

Dreamsexual

Corpse disposal  

228 members have voted

1. 1. How do you want your body dealt with after death?

• Buried
    • Cremated
    • Donated to science or art
    • Sky burial
    • Buried at sea
    • Something else?
    • Don't care
    • Cryogenics

This poll is closed to new votes

Buried nude. In a used unmarked grave :ph34r:

Its actually my family tradition. Costs very less, and is very eco friendly. And after few months, they can do whatever they like to my remains and use the grave for the next dead person.

Divide By Zero

Cremated with remains placed in a columbarium. I think scattering ashes is really weird and creepy so I would prefer to have my remains together and intact in one place.

cremated currently. most epic ways of burial would require me to have people follow instructions

A viking ship burial, but that will never happen so I’ll go with the most eco friendly option available at the time. 

Cremated and my ashes in a Bio Urn, I fancy becoming a Rowan tree. It would be nice if it could be placed in the National Arboretum but I don't suppose that's an option. The liquid nitrogen option is a much better (and environmentally friendly) but isn't available here at the moment.
https://www.urnsforashes.co.uk/urns/biodegradable-urns/land-burial/bio-urn-tree/

Ohhh... I forgot one preference. I'd only like to be buried once I'm dead. TYVM :D

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:42 AM, Homer said:

I'd only like to be buried once I'm dead. TYVM :D

Neutral Charge

i want to be planted in a pod and be absorbed by an oak tree  in my grandma's village where i grew up on a hill i used to love spending time on :D so basically i wanna be a tree  ❤️ 

I want to be donated to science.

Hopefully my tissues will still usable for research into neuropathy or whatever this darn disease is, 

Let them find a long term solution for stopping the effects of progressive circulatory and neuropathic diseases.

Neutral Charge
1 minute ago, ColeHW said:

I want to be donated to science.

Hopefully my tissues will still usable for research into neuropathy or whatever this darn disease is, 

Let them find a long term solution for stopping the effects of progressive circulatory and neuropathic diseases.

i was debating about this option as well, but then i thought they wont be able to do much with my body so might as well be a tree =)))

My body and brain are a little weird, so I want the people of the future to freeze my body and do studies on it, especially my kidney.

abandoned-account
36 minutes ago, Just Dani said:

Cremation here! (^o^)/ 

Me too. Unfortunately my folks won’t let me talk about it and my mom said she believes in burial. I just hope whenever I pass it’ll be in the hands of someone who knows and respects my wishes.

I don’t think I want the ashes to be kept, maybe if they could go to something helpful to the environment like a bio urn that would be good.

Under a pile of roses. Does anyone remember what song that came from, I cant...

Besides that, I don't care as long as it's cool.

abandoned-account
2 minutes ago, CajunAce said:

Under a pile of roses. Does anyone remember what song that came from, I cant...

If I Die Young by the Band Perry?

SithAzathoth WinterDragon
On 1/19/2019 at 10:10 PM, NordicNoir said:

A viking ship burial, but that will never happen so I’ll go with the most eco friendly option available at the time. 

You probably can put it in your will to be burned in a long ship, I'd love to have the same way or put into lava.

50 minutes ago, Shieldmaiden WinterDragon said:

You probably can put it in your will to be burned in a long ship, I'd love to have the same way or put into lava.

Put into lava! That sounds amazing. 

I hadn’t thought if putting it in my will. I should look into that. Thanks! 

48 minutes ago, Just Dani said:

That reminds me - I'm registered as an organ donor. 

So, I guess that means they cremate the stuff they don't need...? 🤔

They don’t take what they can’t. So anything that can’t be harvested, if you are eligible for donation during the dying process, remains in situ. Your next of kin would “receive” your body and decide what to do and be financially responsible for any burial or cremation process. Organ donation happens while the body is still technically living tissue, in a hospital operating room like any other surgical procedure. The hospital won’t keep the body. It becomes essentially property of the family and after death plans like funerals continue as normal.

2 hours ago, Vee. said:

If I Die Young by the Band Perry?

Yes! I only vaguely remembered the song from when my sister would drive us to and from school. She liked Perry and Taylor swift for awhile. 

SithAzathoth WinterDragon
1 hour ago, NordicNoir said:

Put into lava! That sounds amazing. 

I hadn’t thought if putting it in my will. I should look into that. Thanks! 

I'm 44% Swedish, so I would love to be burned in a long ship to be sent off to the Gods. I also want to be put in Yellowstone but it would have to be a very acidic area. 

2 hours ago, Graceful said:

They don’t take what they can’t. So anything that can’t be harvested, if you are eligible for donation during the dying process, remains in situ. Your next of kin would “receive” your body and decide what to do and be financially responsible for any burial or cremation process. Organ donation happens while the body is still technically living tissue, in a hospital operating room like any other surgical procedure. The hospital won’t keep the body. It becomes essentially property of the family and after death plans like funerals continue as normal.

I see. That makes sense. 🙂 

@Vee. I love that song! 😆

Thrown naked into the woods so I can turn back to dust and feed creatures.

I don’t really care what happens to my body after a die, I just don’t want some mad scientist to bring me back to life or put my brain in a vat or something like that.

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 6:37 AM, Gloomy said:

I just don’t want some mad scientist to bring me back to life or put my brain in a vat or something like that.

Archived