How do you want to be buried?

Dreamsexual

Corpse disposal  

228 members have voted

1. 1. How do you want your body dealt with after death?

• Buried
    • Cremated
    • Donated to science or art
    • Sky burial
    • Buried at sea
    • Something else?
    • Don't care
    • Cryogenics

This poll is closed to new votes

Not really my problem. I can’t see a point in putting effort in to someone done to me after I can no longer care.

Cremated doesn’t take up space so go with that. Also no coffin for it, waste of money.

In whatever is the greenest way possible at the time. Coffins are outrageously expensive and really slow down decomposition; cremation is a nice idea, but produces a lot of air pollution.

Right now I'm leaning towards the liquid "cremation" that sort of pressure boils you into bones and fluid, the mushroom shroud that eats up your body real quick, or simply being tossed into the ground.

And plant a tree over me. I'll be great fertilizer.

I won't really care, cuz I'll be dead.

Where I am moving burial is not an option (you have to belong to a church for that) so cremation is what is left. Fortunately that is what I want

I don't really care as long as it's respectful and proper. I am an organ donor and I care about that much more than the actual burial.

I'll probably end up cremated and having a placard on a non-religious graveyard. Maybe if I happen to die young my family will plant a tree in my memory. I have mentioned that it would be a cool way to remember a deceased one. Also it would slightly compensate the carbon footprint of cremation.

Promession. I heard about it a year or two ago and thought it sounded great, hopefully it's accepted as a method by the time I die. To me it seems to be the most eco-friendly way, and I would fully decompose.

Here is a youtube video about how it works 

The voice and music over that thing made me cringe a bit, not sure if they're trying to make it sound like a scifi funeral (sad music + robotic soft female voice) or what, but yeah, that's it.

honestly, don't give a fuck because technically funerals are for the people who are alive, though personally don't see any reason why I should be shoved in the ground or something so I may as well be donated for something or other or used for science.... wouldn't mind being thrown in a body farm tbh.

5 minutes ago, Ceebs. said:

We're talking about what happens to your body after you die, not whether you have a funeral. I've stated adamantly to those close to me that I do not want a funeral. Something still has to happen to my body, though.

I've always linked the two in mind just because of one has always happend to the other for me though yes you're right, if i was to donate my body then there wouldnt be one at the funeral though tbh i don't really care what happens to it  - my family might just refuse that and just bury me.

1 minute ago, i-AM-me said:

I've always linked the two in mind just because of one has always happend to the other for me though yes you're right, if i was to donate my body then there wouldnt be one at the funeral though tbh i don't really care what happens to it  - my family might just refuse that and just bury me.

I don't think they can if you set it up legally ahead of time.

2 minutes ago, MakeLoveNotWar said:

I don't think they can if you set it up legally ahead of time.

No, I've looked into it - you do need to get your family or loved ones to agree to it fully with signed documents and all if I remember correctly.

3 minutes ago, i-AM-me said:

No, I've looked into it - you do need to get your family or loved ones to agree to it fully with signed documents and all if I remember correctly.

Disgusting. Divorcing ones family needs to be more common

Cremated. No funeral. Just dump the ashes wherever. 

Essentially, dispose of the body and move on, don't waste thousands on some sort of weird ceremonies and body upkeep. :P 

Elftober Country

Buried. 

I want-- okay, think of like a ferris wheel, right, I want that thing to spin real fast, REAL fast, and I just want my coffin to hitch a ride on one of the carriages or whatever. The rest of the carriages can have lights on them to create a cool light show, or something. When that thing reaches max angular velocity I want it to release the coffin and launch it like a trebuchet/catapult into space. After that it can just sort of float around in space as some kind of cosmic debris. 

Spoiler

The real answer is that I don't really mind.

5 minutes ago, Polygon said:

I want-- okay, think of like a ferris wheel, right, I want that thing to spin real fast, REAL fast, and I just want my coffin to hitch a ride on one of the carriages or whatever. The rest of the carriages can have lights on them to create a cool light show, or something. When that thing reaches max angular velocity I want it to release the coffin and launch it like a trebuchet/catapult into space. After that it can just sort of float around in space as some kind of cosmic debris. 

It is sort of possible

https://www.celestis.com/ 

Honestly, I'd kind of like to just have someone dig a hole somewhere in the woods and dump my naked body in there, with no casket. I don't get why people have to either put me in a plush casket trapped inside a cement block or release unnecessary C02 into the air by burning my body...? Why can't I just decompose naturally the way that other animals do? Humans are so weird.

I vote donating my body to science/being an organ donor, an whatever's left can be given a "green burial" with a biodegradable casket.

7 hours ago, Philip027 said:

I won't really care, cuz I'll be dead.

That. You can feed me to the ravens if you want.

Abide with me and up the bloody flue 

I want my body shot onto a wall at close range with a catapult. Hopefully with enough velocity to splatter me in some sort of artistic pattern that could then be preserved and placed in an art gallery. 

I don't know at this point (I'm only 15, so I have hopefully lots of time left to decide) but maybe at this point... cremated? Not sure though.

I want whatever salvageable organ and tissue to be donated and then whatever my family feels would best help them grieve without spending a fortune. (I don’t care.)

I want to be buried in a cheap coffin, with none of the frills, and be buried on my own grave.

I want it as simple as possible, and with my grave stone, being some old fashioned chip bit of rock.

Archived