How do you want to be buried?

Dreamsexual

Corpse disposal  

228 members have voted

1. 1. How do you want your body dealt with after death?

• Buried
    • Cremated
    • Donated to science or art
    • Sky burial
    • Buried at sea
    • Something else?
    • Don't care
    • Cryogenics

This poll is closed to new votes

Squirrel Combat

I want my coffin to be set on fire and flung into a lake with a catapult.

Squirrel Combat

Alternate burial would be my coffin set on fire and then dumped from an airplane into the mountains of Alaska.

Buried, unembalmed,  in the family plot, in a grave I already own.  Minimal headstone, graveside service only, no funeral.  

The problem is, I haven't told anyone my wishes and it is not written down (except here and that doesn't count)

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:23 AM, Muledeer said:

The problem is, I haven't told anyone my wishes and it is not written down (except here and that doesn't count)

Personally, I'm planning on being immortal, so...

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 5:38 PM, Augie279 said:

I'm planning on being immortal

I don't care what's done to the flesh vessel but I'd be proud if they did something intriguing with it. I'll be watching so be creative, people 8) 

And I promise won't haunt anyone so long as they add my name to family headstone.

My dad and grandad were cremated, so I feel I should be too. But after whatever organs someone needs are taken out of my body. 

I want kind of a gothic celebration of life, and my ashes spread in a few different places.  

12 hours ago, FeichtKatze said:

I don't care what's done to the flesh vessel but I'd be proud if they did something intriguing with it. I'll be watching so be creative, people 8) 

And I promise won't haunt anyone so long as they add my name to family headstone.

That’s basically my view of it. IDGAF what happens to my body after I die as long as it isn’t like unceremoniously defiled in some horrible way. Like dissecting it for scientific purposes or something is fine but don’t like desecrate it for no reason. If there’s such thing as an afterlife, I will haunt and curse anyone who disrespects my corpse.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 5:51 PM, Augie279 said:

uh yeah it does

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 2:23 PM, Augie279 said:

who would do that

I want either a natural burial, just a simple shroud right into the ground in a forest, or if my family wants my ashes then aqua cremation if possible, if they can only so tradition cremation then I don't want them to bother with and waste the money on burning a casket, just burn me in the default cardboard box. If they do choose cremation, I want a fancy urn or container, nothing boring, maybe bejewelled.

Also come on, no one chose sky burial, that's cool as hell! Let the vultures eat ya, come on!

Sure rants alot

I never really thought about it much until my mother died several years ago then it occurred to me that in the natural scheme of things... I'm getting older, I'm next in line. I talked to my daughter, I plan to be cremated but I have a small burial plot for my remains. They wanted something tangible to visit. I already have my headstone in place and am going to plant a peony this spring.   

• 3 weeks later...

Green burial. Simply wrap my body in natural fibers and put me in the ground, somewhere with lots of trees and birds and maybe a river/lake nearby. Have my favourite dance tune play, have everyone wear colourful clothes and tell a joke or their favourite memory, and instead of buying flowers, leave a donation to an animal charity. A small piece of wood for a headstone, explaining that energy does not get destroyed, it just changes form.

A few years ago I paid for my departure, I hope that any useful body parts can be donated to someone who can make use of them, afterwards I want to be cremated, I don't want a funeral, I'm not religious so I don't want to go through the church, once I'm gone, I'm gone I don't want to be put in the ground, just burned, I came here with no fuss, I want to go in the same way

Death (and funerals) are for the living, I've already died once so I'm sticking with the immortality now.

That said, if I actually stay dead long enough for someone to deal with my body, then cremation. I'm not eligible for organ donation and I don't think they have have eco-friendly cremation here. As far as burial goes I'm fairly sure my verbal vitriol stems from something that is toxic to the eco-system. Burn and hope I don't come back more annoyed than usual. My friends and family have been instructed to tell inappropriate jokes and puns. No urns, no headstones.

I want my body cremated then a party, rave, to be thrown. I want it to be ape shit crazy

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

Mine has already been promised to Addenbrookes hospital.

My daughter thinks it's a good idea. She thinks she'll be able to visit my 'bits'  when they're pickled in formaldehyde...😆

• 4 weeks later...
AFlyingPiglet

Cremation for me.  I want my ashes scattered on a beach which is part of a private estate on Exmoor National Park in Devon in the UK.

• 3 weeks later...

i want to be buried, but i don't want to be put in a coffin or pumped full of formaldehyde and other chemicals to preserve my body (unless there are extenuating circumstances that warrant my body being preserved such as me being murdered and possibly needing my body for evidence). a natural burial wrapped in a simple shroud instead of a casket, maybe embroidered or something with a design that represents my life. made out of natural materials so i can return to the earth.

Elftober Country

Sometimes I wonder (if my face was unrecognisable) if people would be able to identify me from my other recognisable features. I doubt anyone knows me a that well...

Honestly I couldn’t care less.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't feel any particular attachment to the sack of meat I'll have used to be in(?) when I die. I want everything useful donated to science and/or people who need any organs that I will leave behind useful spares of.

As per the remainder, if there is any? I used to want a cremation, but it turns out that it's harmful to the environment. I can't claim to always treat the environment that well in life, but I'd rather do better in death. Maybe just a corpse dumped in the ground with perhaps a sheet over it, then buried.

That said, I don't want a ridiculously ornate headstone, but I do want something over my grave to record my name and life, and have the words remain for over a human lifetime before entropy wears them away.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to be turned into a tree (the fertiliser) and have it bloom with nadeshiko blossom during season.

Anthracite_Impreza

I used to just want to be thrown, undisturbed, into a ditch, but after hearing what someone else did I kinda wanna be thrown into the firebox of a steam loco xD

Custard Cream

In a barrow with my crown and drinking cup. Oops. Not sure where that came from... 

Donating is the cheapest way to go, unless you can find someone who will buy your dead body from your family, but I feel like there would be something illegal about that

Archived