Asexual ring

heck

Hello! I was wondering if wearing a black ring on your left middle finger (instead of your right) means something different than "I'm asexual." The ring I got doesn't fit over my right hand's middle finger knuckle and I prefer it on my left anyway. I don't want to be conveying an unwanted message, so any help would be appreciated!

Welcome to AVEN

I have seen people claiming here that the black ring anywhere other than the middle finger of the right hand has to do with swinging. I have a friend who has been a swinger though and still has friends in the scene and none of them have ever heard of this application for the black ring. I wear one on my ring finger of my right hand.

It is a tradition here to welcome new people with cake, here is a variety.
ef42b8e83d25f2ff48093b7e8d83a130.jpg 

if you want to go into the symbolism of rings on what finger. left-hand ring finger: permanently in a relationship (married or engaged). left-hand middle finger: in a temporary relationship. right-hand middle finger temporarily single, right-hand ring finger permanently single.

however, besides the left-hand ring finger, this is obsolete.
while the ace ring is typically on the right-hand middle finger, so long as you avoid the wedding finger you are fine.  (other right-hand fingers means swinger, but it's not commonly used.)

I’ve always heard it to do with swingers as well. You might be ok if you avoid certain other fingers though like others have said, not an expert on any of the others.

Given how few people recognise the meaning of rings anyway, besides an engagement or wedding ring, you should be fine. I wear mine more for myself than anyone else anyway, just to remind me that I'm not alone/broken, so if that's the case it's not a problem at all

4 hours ago, Sweet Potato said:

if you want to go into the symbolism of rings on what finger. left-hand ring finger: permanently in a relationship (married or engaged). left-hand middle finger: in a temporary relationship. right-hand middle finger temporarily single, right-hand ring finger permanently single.

however, besides the left-hand ring finger, this is obsolete.
while the ace ring is typically on the right-hand middle finger, so long as you avoid the wedding finger you are fine.  (other right-hand fingers means swinger, but it's not commonly used.)

This depends on the local culture. In Germany the wedding ring is traditionally worn on the right ring finger and the engagement ring on the left ring finger.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it would be easier to just make a t shirt that has this image on it....... ddf365c3-e8ce-e811-80e3-1402ec94ca6d.jpe

Archived