Anyone here follow NBC's Manifest?

MakeupJunkie4

MakeupJunkie4

I've been an avid viewer since the premiere but the most recent episode turned me off cold. Probably won't watch anymore unless someone else in my household turns it on. I can't say the sex scene was a surprise (saw it coming several episodes ago), but it seems like the writers are trying to pack way too much into each episode and the added relationship/sex drama is over-the-top, IMO. If any of you watch the show, what do you think of it?

I watch Manifest and it is crazy unscientific and the fact that they dare as show sex scenes in general was enough for me to stop watching it.

If you don't like the sex scenes neither of you should ever watch any British dramas, they have even more explicit sex. It shocked me the first time I watched one.

I watch with my mom every week, and I have to say I hardly even noticed the sex scene. It was mild in my opinion. I've seen plenty of shows with way more explicit stuff, and I'm not saying that as a way to defend the show. I guess I'm just not really bothered by it. I think there's been unresolved tension between Mick and Jared since the beginning so it didn't really come as a surprise. 

MakeupJunkie4

Yes, I agree that it wasn't a surprise, @Rchlgreen. I saw it coming in earlier episodes. I just didn't think it was necessary to put that in there. And yes, it was mild and brief BC they wanted to keep the PG rating on that particular episode. Idk maybe I'm just picky. 

@colehw Yeah, I was willing to watch not BC of the realism, but for the fantasy/adventure aspect. But then it starts getting soap-opera-y and this marriage drama with one couple keeps popping up AND the sexual tension between Jared (who's married to someone else) and Mick....? To much for me. And the sex scene was unnecessary. They could have easily made their point by showing them AFTER the fact (when Mick got a cryptic text). The audience would understand what happened but there would have been less focus on that, and more focus on the main plot. 

@evren I've heard about UK TV. I'll pass. Lol

Archived