Caffeine poll (because reasons)

scarletlatitude

How many caffeinated beverages do you drink per day?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. How many caffeinated beverages do you drink per day?

• None
    • 1-2
    • 3-4
    • More than 5
    • The limit does not exist

This poll is closed to new votes

firewallflower
1 minute ago, Infinita_Nox said:

Nope, working as intended. Caffeine-immunity spell FTW. My wand has a skull on it, I don't think it does benign at all 😆

Solid. 😁

AwkwardAxolotl

I don't tend to drink anything caffeinated, because I don't handle caffeine well. One cup of coffee will keep me awake for 10+ hours, so if I really need some caffeine, I'l just add a couple tablespoons of coffee to a mug of hot chocolate, or have a cup of black tea.

On 1/11/2019 at 5:17 PM, scarletlatitude said:

And quick follow up question - if you say "zero" I would like to know what magic you possess. 

It begins with eye of newt. 😉

I'll have an occasional pepsi or a coke, but otherwise I stay away from caffeine. I've never had coffee and I don't like tea. Even when I do have caffeine, it never perks me up. All three family members who live with me have a caffeine dependency, and they end up irritable and sometimes get headaches when they haven't had it in too long, so that's another incentive for me to avoid caffeine. 

I usually just drink one or two cups but you never really know when you could use more. 

Infinita_Nox
3 hours ago, MollyDMA said:

but you never really know when you could use more. 

I have a system: if my cup is empty, I could use more 🧐

• 1 month later...
Irring On The Human Side

I don't drink caffeinated beverages, and try to resist eating dark chocolate, as caffeine messes with my head even when I'm medicated.

• 1 month later...

On the occasion I drink it, caffeine makes me sleepy.

Coffee is invasive, I envision its aroma as several entities with a smoke texture going around and attacking people.

Things such as fizzy drinks containing caffeine, I'm not allowed for their sugar content.

Dreamsexual

CelesteAdAstra

Usually none. I can't stand coffee, and the occasional cola doesn't do anything for me except tasting nice. Seriously, no amount of caffeine seems to have any influence on me. Instead, I stumble through the day like the sleep-depraved zombie that I am.

Member131995

I can't handle caffeine. Bad things happen when I have any amount in my system. But I'm also a sucker for pain and I love me a cold Kickstart (mountain dew energy laced carbonated drink) so yeah...

• 2 weeks later...
aisofhearts
On 1/11/2019 at 8:17 PM, scarletlatitude said:

How much caffeine do you drink daily? You can pick the closest estimate if it varies every day. 

And quick follow up question - if you say "zero" I would like to know what magic you possess. 

A strange magic called "anxiety"

• 3 months later...
J. van Deijck
On 1/12/2019 at 2:18 AM, CBC said:

Probably minimum of 3, with no upper limit. 😬 Depends what I'm up to and feel like that day, and how long I want/need to be awake.

Same here, except that I don't feel coffee is affecting me much anymore. I start my day with the strongest coffee I could find in my country, and try not to drink coffee after 2pm, but I can't say it's always easy to follow :D

I say "zero". Coffee is awful and caffeine doesn't do anything for me anyway. The underlying coffee-rejecting magic power I possess is called "tastebuds" :D

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

Approximately zero.

fooledbysecrecy

at least one cup of coffee a day, otherwise i cannot function. sometimes another one later in the day. or tea.

if i'm on holiday however, there's no limit...

I used to drink a lot of Coke, but I haven't for years. And I never liked coffee.

I don't think that caffeine has much of an effect on me, anyway. Maybe it would now? I never notice on the rare times I have soda.

Internetlionboy

I drink coffee very rarely, I only get it when I feel like it😛 I'm more of a tea or juice kind of person

well depending on the day i can drink up to about 96oz of coffee (measuring by how many Nalgenes i can drink - 32oz each). i drink Monsters on occasion, but i used to drink one (regular sized) every night. sometimes if i don’t feel like ingesting a whole bunch of liquid i’ll take up to 3 caffeine pills a day (200mg each) or i’ll chew on some caffeine gum. 

• 2 months later...

I don't drink coffee. I don't like it, and even if I did it would not be a gain. I have ADD, so stimulants like caffeine work opposite effects on me. I would become sleepy :/

Not a big caffeine drinker rarely do I drink soda and when I do it's caffeine free types but the few times I've tried caffeine (energy drinks, coffee, highly caffeinated soda) I tend to get kind of dizzy kind of aggressive and will even pace back and fourth like a caged animal not fun at all so I try to avoid it. When I do need a little energy  I can handle green tea with honey but that's really it.

Oddly, my typical consumption is the only answer which is not available: 5.  Since this is usually 4 cups of green tea (lower caffeine level) and one cup of coffee, I went with 3-4 as giving a more accurate impression than more than 5.

• 4 weeks later...

@scarletlatitude

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived