Aesthetic?

SierraMist930

SierraMist930

What does "aesthetic" in terms of sexuality mean?

Like, what?

I Google "aesthetic" and all that comes up is aesthetic pictures.

Here is a quote from a meme

"Aesthetic Attraction: An attraction to other people that is not connected to a desire to do anything with them, either sexually or romantically. They simply appreciate their appearance."

I see it as enjoying the look of someone, the same way that I would enjoy the beauty of walking through a forest.

Assuming you meant aesthetic attraction, @MakeLoveNotWar's definition is the best you'll find 😊 

Unnecessary reflections:

However, in my opinion, it is a bit disingenuous to call it attraction. I consider it more an appreciation. With other forms of attraction (sexual, romantic, sensual), you have a desire to do something, hence you are attracted to that person. With aesthetic attraction, it is simply appreciating their appearance, so there's no desire to do anything. To me that doesn't equal attraction, but that's just my twopence worth 😂

@SierraMist930, put simply you find someone good looking 

Winged Whisperer

Aesthetic attraction in AVEN and the ace community's lexicon means an attraction to something's appearance, like a painting, photograph or work of graph, but towards a person. So it's when you see someone or a photo of them and say "They're beautiful, nice."

1 hour ago, Slice of Ace said:

Assuming you meant aesthetic attraction, @MakeLoveNotWar's definition is the best you'll find 😊 

Unnecessary reflections:

However, in my opinion, it is a bit disingenuous to call it attraction. I consider it more an appreciation. With other forms of attraction (sexual, romantic, sensual), you have a desire to do something, hence you are attracted to that person. With aesthetic attraction, it is simply appreciating their appearance, so there's no desire to do anything. To me that doesn't equal attraction, but that's just my twopence worth 😂

I like that @Slice of Ace, and would absolutely agree. Sexual attraction, I have none. Aesthetic attraction I do but, like you say, it’s more Aesthetic appreciation as I don’t want to do anything as a result.

HeteroRomanticAce

Aesthetic attraction ≠ "aesthetic"

These two things are different, aesthetic is what Google show. Aesthetic attraction is finding a person beautiful, attraction to the beauty of the person, but not necessarily the person itself. (For example bad personality, behavior wouldn't be attractive).

I personally like to look at beautiful non-sexual naked girls, which is 100% of my aesthetic attraction. I find a hard time finding them, because most nudity is sexualized.

Archived