I Think She Avoids Me...

Veggie4

27 minutes ago, ryn2 said:

Hah, yeah, I was actually thinking about this after I posted.  My family was the opposite of this; even if you had a key for emergencies/knew where the spare key was, you knocked/rang the doorbell and waited to be let in.  You also called ahead rather than randomly showing up.

I know people locally whose families were not like that, or where that would even be considered odd or rude, but I also know other people whose families were very similar to mine.

I know from past experience (not with most recent ex) that trying to mix the two is challenging and leads to a lot of fights.

Mmm. Only person I know who made you knock was my Uncles wife from NY. They had a person living with them temporarily and they got mad he went through a window (as in opened it and went in, not broke it) cause he forgot his key and no one was home. They wanted him to wait for them to get home and let him in. I would absolutely hate living that way. 

My partner was raised more private than I was but she adjusts OK to my ways, so not really any fights over it. To start with she asked permission to even use the shower. I was like no, you are staying here two weeks, you must stink the whole time. She still asks what we both know are silly questions and I tend to not give serious answers cause we both know the answer is always yes you can. 

1 hour ago, Serran said:

Well I have like her privateish devices access. Like her personal tablet from home has the digital lessons on it, as well as her personal stuff. Im sure your coworkers could share private passwords if they wanted. 

Agreed, although I’ve never heard of anyone doing that and we can’t use our private devices for any work stuff.

45 minutes ago, Serran said:

Only person I know who made you knock was my Uncles wife from NY

Well, there you have it.  :)  Must be a local thing?

1 hour ago, ryn2 said:

I know from past experience (not with most recent ex) that trying to mix the two is challenging and leads to a lot of fights.

To clarify, I meant mixing “family access/family boundaries” styles rather than general privacy tendencies.  When you’re used to having family make arrangements to stop over, coming home to find your SO’s brother sitting on your toilet because it was on the way home from work is a little stressful, lol.

succes! My method is great! Using this I am going to create wonderfull love with my girl. If you are interested in what is it, go and check first post. I have updated it some time ago.

• 3 weeks later...

About this phone thing. If you can't trust your partner, you've got a bigger problem than cheating. That said, if I didn't have something to hide, I would still refuse. And if you insisted, you could check my phone and then after proving my innocence, I'd dump you.

If had something to hide, you clearly aren't my partner or a trusted friend.

You could search my laptop, phone, anything you wanted and you wouldn't find it. If I thought you were getting suspicious, I'd probably leave my squeaky clean phone unattended to bait you into snooping. And then, after you failed I'd nail your ass to the wall for lack of trust and make your life miserable because I could and I seriously punish people I don't trust barging into my space.

If it were me in the scenario, there is no happy ending to checking my phone, regardless of my innocence or guilt.

Only tech dummies get caught with things they want to hide on their gadgets. It has nothing to do with innocence or guilt.

Archived