=_=...

Very newbie question. I swear I tried to look for it

=_=...

I noticed when I went to edit my profile I have a "Recent Profile Visitors" box that displays "There are no recent visitors to show" despite the fact there clearly are people viewing.

When I go to see other people's profile, it shows clearly who did.

I tried the search function and went to site info center and nothing turned up.

Is this feature available only to people who's account is X days old/reached X amount of participation or am I terribly blind?

Homer

I just clicked your profile and that's now listed. Hmmm... My best guess is that this is related to a software feature allowing people to sign in anonymously, which means that they can still use all the features the website has, but things like their last login or which thread they're browsing right now remain hidden.

• Like 1

firewallflower

Hello!

Just to be sure that I'm correctly understanding your question; are you saying that the "Recent Profile Visitors" box indicates that a number of users have viewed your profile, but does not display which individual users those are?

If so, I'm pretty sure that means that the users in question are/were signed in "anonymously" at the time that they viewed your profile—meaning that other AVEN members can't track their activity/viewing history outside of the posts they make. I, for example, viewed your profile while logged in anonymously (when I first saw this post), and it didn't show that I had visited your page; then I logged out, relogged in without enabling the "anonymous" feature, and revisited your page, after which (at least on my end) it does now list me as a "recent visitor".

Hope this makes sense/helps clear things up! In other words, no, I think this is caused by neither blindness nor an AVEN block on newbie accounts. ;)

EDIT: Whoops, @Homer beat me to it!

Edited by firewallflower

=_=...

@Homer Your best guess also seems to be a virtual certainty for @firewallflower  so this definitely sounds like the case.

I see you both too in that section.

For some reason I was logged out and when I logged again, I see the option to sign in "anonymously".

Thank you for answering and helping a new person out!

• Like 2