Hello! I'm here now!

Earl Gray

So I just recently found out about asexuality, and after digging around a bit about it, I finally figured out that I was Asexual. It was such a great feeling knowing I could stop trying to convince myself I wanted sex. I'm glad I found out so early, because I can see how hard it is thinking you're broken for years. So naturally, I stumbled across this website and immediately created a profile. 

I very much enjoy role-playing games like Skyrim and D&D as well as simple improv. LARP is always a fun activity as well. I feel like creating characters, stories, and worlds is often times the best part of those games. As for things I do when I choose to stand up, I started fencing a little while ago and absolutely love it. As you likely picked up from my profile, I love tea, so if anyone can recommend any of their favorite kinds, I would love to try them out.

I came to this website to browse and reassure myself there are other aces out there, so I won't be posting much, but I feel that I should introduce myself.

PS- I have celiac disease, so will politely decline any offers of cake (unless it's gluten free!)

@Earl Gray Welcome to AVEN!

I think it's good that you figured your Asexuality out early, in my case, I realised I'm Asexual in my early teens, around 14.

Although I drink tea, I don't have a favourite (I know that sounds strange).

I see you know about the cake, here's a Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake,

1414-3-large.jpg

Hi hon,

As a self-respecting English person I love tea. I drink black tea but alternate between that and green and white teas. I do also drink infusions, like red bush and ginger teas.

Hello and welcome,

I really like oolong tea. Also if you live in the USA or Canada check out davidstea.com it is a really good place for lose leaf tea

Welcome to AVEN!

I also started fencing recently! What weapon do you fence?

I enjoy improv as well, but I'm absolutely terrible. My fellow improvisers are really into D&D and they've made several shows be centered around D&D, which ended up being pretty interesting for me, having never played 😆 It seems intriguing though! I might start playing with some of my friends this semester.

Anyway, enjoy this virtual tea!! 

)AN538-Oolong-Tea-732x549-thumb.jpg?w=756

AcornCarvings

Welcome! (I gotta admit the first thing that flashed through my mind when I read your username was the massive opportunity I missed to name myself on this site "earl gay")

Glad to have another rpg-er on here! Worldbuilding and being able to explore characters in those words is so wonderful!

I really like teas with ginger in them (ginger pear was really good) as well as jasmine teas and to my surprise, green tea with toasted rice in it.

@Imagine that Welcome to AVEN!

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake,

ZWughhv.jpg

Welcome to AVEN :D

Thank you for signing up and sharing a bit about yourself! You've come to the right place - AVEN is a fantastic community with lots of friendly and supportive folks from all over the planet. You're definitely not alone; a lot of us will be able to relate to your thoughts and feelings :)

Personally I never saw the appeal of "convincing myself" to do anything; I just figured that I'd notice if these things kick in at some point. But also, meh :D However I read a lot of stories where people tried to convince, even force themselves to feel a certain way. It just doesn't work that way and I'm gad you've found out sooner rather than later! You might want to start by having a look at Questions About Asexuality, which is a great spot to learn about all the basics behind the concept. Then there's Asexual Relationships, where we talk about how being asexual (or somewhat close to that) affects our everyday relationships, be them familial, platonic or romantic. If you're up for a little chat or a silly game, join us in Just For Fun!

Take your time to read and explore the site and if you have a question, ask away! I hope you'll enjoy your time on here :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRu4rNthdWDq7FD7q1W0l4

@Centi Metre Welcome to AVEN!

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake,

ZWughhv.jpg

Archived